my friend always talks about how sweet imebags harmonics are, but what are? natural, artificial, pinch? and how do you do them?
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
pinch harmonics. you do it by finding a spot on the string between the pickups somewhere.. and as you pluck the string with your pick, your thumb has to slightly protrube (not sure if thats how u spell it) the pick so that when you pluck it, your thumb hits the string right after making a nice WIIRRRRRRRr...

hope i helped?
Quote by NickRaciti
Ladies don't spit.

(they swallow)

Quote by altronataku
The last nine or ten false readings in gravity wave detectors have been due to the gravity field of my nads.
Pinch. What you do is strike the string with a pick/fingernail, then have the thumb/skin behind it hit the string nearly right after the pick hits it. That induces the pinch harmonic.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
How I do it is I put my thumb behind the tip of the pick, and as I pick, I twist it so that my thumb makes light contact with the string. Turn on some gain, and add some bends and your guitar will be screamin' in no time.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
alright, hah, i already knew how to do pinch harmonics actually, ive just never heard a person call a pinch a dime harmonic, thanks alot guys.

i do it a weird way, i let my pinky stick out and it'll hit the string in time to make the noise, its fun : D
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Pinch harmonics and Dime harmonics are different.

Watch that video posted above.

From about 1:00
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
gibsonsg63 that video was helpful thank you! i like the subtitles as well..lol
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Quote by soilworker64
Um doesn't he do a lot of his harmonics using the floyd rose.

Yes, as shown in the video gibsong63 posted.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...