Well originally I was just geting new pickups for my strat but saying as it would have cost me $100 just to put them in and another $70 for a pickup I decided to just save up for a new guitar. With christmas around the corner, the money from selling my strat and saving alittle I think i can make my goal of $1200 for a new guitar. Now I need some suggestions in order of importance I need it to be great for punk(Lagwagon, No use for a Name, NOFX, Me First and The Gimme Gimmes stuff like that.), great for lead usually with distortion, and crystal clear cleans. If your suggestion is a little over $1200 go ahead and suggest it anyways thanks alot. Just in case your wondering I have a Line 6 Flextone 3 amp, which I soon plan on upgrading to a Marshall TSL halfstack but that will probably be atleast a year from now.
mabey a gibson firebird or a night hawk fender jaguar or u can keep your strat and get a good ibanez gax for about 600-800$
gibson sg or les paul
but my favourite punk guitar ever is a H-H Fender Telecaster
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Ibanez SZ720 FM. Great looking guitar and SPARKLY CLEAR cleans.
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
What about the SZ prestige? It's right at $1200 if I remember correctly, and can play almost anything.
easily gibson sg fron guitar center wich r like almost $700 and then ull stil have money left for pickups or that halfstak

fender squier strat
line 6 1x12" 75w spider II
samson cord
Quote by astrocreep71
Gibson SG standard.

I just turned 15 so I can apply for many part time jobs. I'm trying to get a job cuz I want one soooooo bad by X-mas.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
What do you guys think about ESP and what about just building a guitar from scratch do you guys know any websites you can do that on?
The ESP eclipse series is what the rythm guitarist for anti-flag uses and the lead uses a cream SG, also VERY good taste in punk, me first rock socks, and if you're american warmoth.com for guitar parts for a custom one
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The ESP eclipse series is what the rythm guitarist for anti-flag uses and the lead uses a cream SG, also VERY good taste in punk, me first rock socks, and if you're american warmoth.com for guitar parts for a custom one

thanks man that site really helped.
SG Standard, definitely. Great guitar
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Gibson les paul studio, easily.. You can get one for 1,200
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by Punk_Ninja
But a warmoth custom (If done right) should be better than an SG standard, well as long as its not made out of crap

What would you suggest as far as wood types and pickups for what I play?
Carvin anything.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?