Im trying to think up interval-melody ideas -the following i have which should clarify:-
eg

Minor 2nd:- Jaws
Major 2nd 'You really got me'
Minor 3rd:-Gran Vals/20th Century Boy
Perfect 4rth:- Here Come the Bride
Perfect 5th:- Star Wars Theme
Tritone:- Horror Movie-Unknown intruder
Minor 6th-
Major 6th
Minor 7th
Major 7th:-Horror Movie-stabbing scene!
Octave:-

Please help!
What do you mwan 'think up interval melody ideas'.. ? Have a reference of the sound of the interval to train your ear?

Surely, it'd be easier just to play the interval on your guitar?
Octave - somewhere over the rainbow.

Minor 7 - Can't Stop, RHCP (I think this is right).

If I think up anything for the 6s I'll post back.

john - it's actually pretty helpful (for beginners at least) to have a song you can use to recognize relative intervals.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
thats decent ta

im no beginner-im trying to explain it-the learn the note by playing a string doesnt work for beginners mostly.
Quote by psychodelia
john - it's actually pretty helpful (for beginners at least) to have a song you can use to recognize relative intervals.

Back in the day my teacher never gave me that stuff... he made me memorize every interval across the whole fretboard physically and aurally just by playing harmonic intervals and recognising the distance... no songs or anything.
^ Ahh, that sucks. It's not the most exact thing: trying to change the key of a song in your mind isn't always that easy. I still needed a lot of reps to get some kind of consistency, but if I'm stuck the songs do help a little.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
major sixth, my bonnie lies over the ocean
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
Also, major sixth = NBC (tv station) chime. Probably only works if you're in the US -- and I don't even know if NBC does this anymore, but that's how my teacher explained it to me. If you have no idea wtf I'm talking about, play this:

|-----------|
|-----------|
|-----4-----|
|--------5--|
|--5--------|
|-----------|

And see if that rings any bells...if not, nevermind this post :P
how do you play the intervals on the guitar? do you just go root note-->interval? eg. if it was C and major 7th
C-->B gee thats cool ..lol what is all this harmonic interval and natural harmonic stuff? cheers i know its noobey question.. lol ta!
- tommy