I was thinking about getting either of these, or both of these installed in my Ibanez RG 320. Does anybody have any feedback on either of these pickups? Also do you think it would sound good to put the Super Distortion in the neck position and the Dimebucker in the bridge? Or the other way around, whatever advice I can get is helpful. By the way, that guitar is used for metal.
The Dimebucker isnt a good sounding pickup, IMO. And the SuperDistortion isnt the greatest 'metal' pickup out there. Er...it is, but not for the scooped, heavy, dark sounding metal. Its geared more for Kiss, Priest...that kind of metal. Its a very mid-oriented pickup, not a lot of bass and highs.

But if youre set on those two pickups then yeah. The SuperDistortion in the neck and the Dimebucker down at the bridge would be best. IMO.
Why get a high gain pickup in the bridge? I would go for a Bill Lawrence XL500 in the bridge and something with good cleans in the neck, maybe an SD Jazz?
Quote by El Codyo
Why get a high gain pickup in the bridge?

For metal of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
For metal of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just never really understood that for some reason, but to each his own.

How about a Full Shred or the likes in the neck then? I'm not extremely savvy on pickups, but I've heard some pretty good things about Full Shred sets.
Quote by El Codyo
I've just never really understood that for some reason, but to each his own.

lol me either dude. For me its all a matter of tone...not the name of pickup or the output or whatever.

(making up names) If say my 'Super Vintage Sounding Wimpbucker' sounded better for heavy metal than my 'Uber Heavy Metal Beat the Shit Out of Your Ears and Push Snot Out of Your Asshole Pimpbucker'...Id use the Wimpbucker.
well..im the "Uber Heavy Metal Beat the **** Out of Your Ears and Push Snot Out of Your Asshole Pimpbucker' type of person..i like to get a gain straight from the guitar..li like to push the amp...before even the preamp..i like that sound....but i do say get a kickass clean neck pup
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
What amp do you use?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock