hey im wanting to give my strat copy the eddie van halen 5150 treatment. how hard would this be?

its the right one obviously. also how expensive would it be. thanks

Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i think the most expensive thing would be an orginal floyd rose (like 210$) but i believe liscensed it just as fine...much cheaper and i guess a Seymour Duncan "Custom Custom" is the pickup to use if not an EVH one (also by Seymour Duncan) yeah sorry not much help i would to show a pic of mine but its a Squier Strat (lefty) with a floyd-rose (also lefty SO HARD TO FIND) texas Neck pickup a Seymour Duncan Hot rails in the Middle and a Dimarzio Evolution at the bridge...anyway sorry about not bein much help....
i just mean the paintjob
Lunatics on pogo sticks
The paintjob would be pretty easy, I mean its not like the original design was neat and perfect, and it wouldn't cost much if you used automotive spray paints. Now ask me if I think it's a bold and original paintjob which is bound to get you noticed....
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
I'm begging you not to do it, if i saw someone other than Eddie playing one, i would laugh at them, no matter how good.

A customised paintjob should remain individual, it looks ridiculous when all these kids start putting the same thing onto their guitars, like those bloody ZW signature Gibbo's and Epi's.
Quote by givemeaname
the forum at www.eddievanhalen.com has lots of info and pictures on the 5150

Not to mention some of the best replica builders I've ever come across. I swear Dino and Frankenstraat aren't human.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
its a guitar i dont use anymore since its crappy, i just thought it would look cool hanging on my wall
Lunatics on pogo sticks
i have painted many things like his guitar like shoes and other things around my house anyway sand it paint it white, then tape over the white and paint thats pretty much it.. but im sure you know the process.. so yeah ....nvm
Last edited by eddiefan001002 at Sep 8, 2006,