Hey my band is playing a battle of the bands in a few days, and one of the stipulations is "DI's will be provided instead of amps in order to provide a level playing field"
does anyone know from experience or otherwise what they are talking about?
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
pretty sure they mean direct inject so you plug your guitar right into the mixer or maybe pedals and pre amps they provide so then its fair for both bands otherwise there could be one band with like a 5000 dollar rig with tons of pedals and nice amps and another band with not alot of money and no pedals and a crappy amp
Quote by saband
pretty sure they mean direct inject so you plug your guitar right into the mixer or maybe pedals and pre amps they provide so then its fair for both bands otherwise there could be one band with like a 5000 dollar rig with tons of pedals and nice amps and another band with not alot of money and no pedals and a crappy amp

nice gear man lol
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Uh (jaw drops)

I understand the motive, but that is gonna make every band sound like ****. Just show up with your own amps and everything. DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY SAY. Plus, you're the ones drawing in the money, and if they argue with you, their loss. I would seriously never play an event with people who think that's gonna sound good. If they let use pedals, that will not matter. Plus they're forgetting that bands' sounds rely on how their amps and effects sound. Like I said, just bring your own stuff.
^ yea, i agree
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
thats ridiculous, I fully understand thier intentions, but thats going to screw up a lot of people, especially if they rely on amps for distortion. I did do a battle of the bands where we where only allowed to use our own guitars and pedal boards, but there they actually provided halfway decent amplifiers for everyone.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
As everyone else has said, the officials have good intentions, but they're going to make everyone sound like ****. Why can't they just borrow some good amps from someone, and have everyone use those amps? That'll level the playing field, and the bands will sound okay.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I was at a battle of the bands before where a band came out with 15watt amps. And don't think these were 12 year olds. All of them were college age guys. And yes, it sounded like ass and they played like 12 year olds. It was pretty funny seeing the sound guy trying to mic this 15 watt amp though.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
i have seen decent performances put on by people with 15 watt amps, however, they where really good 15 watt amps made for recording ans where miced properly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm