how do american strats compare to mexican strats, in terms of features, quality, value and overall. I might get one tomorrow, but not the american if it's a waste of money. I actually don't see any differences of features on musicians friend.

thanks.
in my experience,
mexicans feel worse, sound worse, and usually have many flaws. on most of the ones ive tried, the tremolo couldnt even hold tuning.
although mine is a highway 1(cost me an MIM) it feels better. standard usa's i tried have smoother necks, rolled fingerboard edges, better pickups(less hum) and most of them held tuning with tremolo abuse very well.
overall.. get an american
i also have the highway one strat and seriously i couldnt be more in love with this thing. i have replaced the bridge pick up with a seymour duncan hot rails and its an orgy coming out of my amp. anyway its def. worth it to cough up the extra 200 to get the highway...if ur on an american strat buget, then go for it but i love the highway. mexi's wont last and you can really hear the difference.
The Highway One has the same tremolo as the MIM. In fact, all the hardware, except the string tree is exactly the same as on the MIM. Furthermore, the Highway's finish is much worse than MIM finish. The only thing that is better on the Highway is the neck. The pickups might be slightly better, but not enough to make it worth the extra money. The new Highways have the 70's CBS headstock, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

The American Strat is a very nice guitar. However, the MIM is a much better value for your money. MIM quality is not always consistent, but when you find a good one, it can be as good as an American. The new 2006 model is very very impressive.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Sweet, I can get a mexican and keep my Ibanez. I just don't see enough significant upgrades that the h1 has over the mex.

^the 70's headstock looks very clunky and un-aerodynamic. I guess it looks ok if you're a fan of the shredding swede.
I just got a Highway One today and I don't know, I just didn't see a huge difference in the Standard American and the Highway One. Plus I didn't have enough money for the standard American and Guitar Center was having a big sale today, so I just said screw it and got the H1.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Does it say made in corona california on the neck plate? How does your H1 compare to just a mim? Is the extra fret worth it? Does it play easier? Sound Better? Is the finish better than a standard? How hot are the pickups? Does it stay in tune when you trem? How do you like your blues deluxe? I have the same one, in tolex, is yours in tweed?
my H1 rocks. i too cant tell much difference between the H1 and american. american is just a tad bit better.
you could always look at MIJ fenders, i find them better than MIM and the old H1's though i hear the new highway ones have been uprgraded with better pickups, hardware, necks n what not
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
MIM's are simply inconsistent, some of them are as good as American ones. My $400 MIM plays better than one of my friend's $1000+ American strats. His has better pickups and tuners though...
I managed to get a MIM Strat that I've compared to many USA ones, and I like mine a lot more than them.

If you're looking for Strats, try a load out, I mean loads.

Also look for some Japanese Fender Strats.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by mikeman
Does it say made in corona california on the neck plate? How does your H1 compare to just a mim? Is the extra fret worth it? Does it play easier? Sound Better? Is the finish better than a standard? How hot are the pickups? Does it stay in tune when you trem? How do you like your blues deluxe? I have the same one, in tolex, is yours in tweed?

My Highway One just says CE on the plate. I definitely feel it's better than a MIM. It plays extremely smooth and better than an MIM. The pickups are pretty nice, not amazing, but I'm not going to change them any time soon.

After I set it up it stays in tune when I use the whammy. My Blues Deluxe is very nice, it's really used. I got it off of my guitar teacher and it's like a 1992 model or something. But it sounds amazing, and it's tweed.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Look for Japanese, but american are a whole lot better, in my local shop they have a 90s jap strat a sunburt mexi strat and a lefty mexi S/B strat, I tried them thinking they were good (the jap one was amazing) then i went into a shop on holiday, they had walls of gibson, fender, ibanez, esp and i'd never seen so much good guitars, anyway i instantly tried the american strat, and i swear, i dont usually like playing maple fingerboards but, wow i was blown away at the sheer greatness, and the amount of versatility i got out of it
I had a MIM Strat for a while and found it a bit meh, to be honest, the MIA ones that I've played have generally been a lot nicer sounding and playing (especially the way they round off the edges of the fretboard - makes it very playable) but I don't know if they're worth the extra, though I guess you could always get a second hand MIA one.
Well I think that MIMs will do you, they are fine but compared to american they arent so good, if you're comparing M to A then of course M looks the crap, but they really are good
I love the rolled fingerboard edges on the American strats. They make me neck feel so much better.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Just wait: in a few years, all of the MIM strats will have entered the country... wait, what were we talking about?
omg dont get a highway one they are MIM use the same everything only they are made 50 miles up the road in US or something if i remember correctly
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.