Ok here it goes, I like to play Megadeth, Metallica and Led Zeppelin among others.
So I've been leaning towards a Line-6 112 or 30, but I have heard the sounds fake and electronic. So if not Line-6 what other 30-50 watt amp is there with built in metal distortion. Thanks in Advance.
if you think line 6 is fakey idk if you'll like the roland much more

test them out 1st .. go to your local guitar store and ask to try out the 6 and roland 60w and compare.
you are better off getting a better amp and a distortion pedal. from my experience, the line 6's sound too artificial and have too much feedback. crates were always my go-to amp, before my b-52. but crates are great beginner amps with great built in effects.
try a crate xt120r (I own one of these and damn there nice for the price and 120w is enough to gig w/ sooo its perfect..) and get yah like he said a distortion pedal
Quote by esp_axe_man
you are better off getting a better amp and a distortion pedal. from my experience, the line 6's sound too artificial and have too much feedback. crates were always my go-to amp, before my b-52. but crates are great beginner amps with great built in effects.

from my experience crate is either hit or miss. ive played some really bad sounding ones, but the one that i have sounds decent. its definatly a brand where you have to try out the specific amp or at least the particular model.

and yeah, the spider IIs are digital and thin sounding to most people. if you like the sound tho, then go for it. if you like the sound, dont let anyone else tell you it sucks. personally i would try out a lot of amps and see how it compares in sound to some very nice amps, then make the decision.
Get a cube...

(all amps have "built in distortion")
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Roland Cube60.

Crate amps sound scratchy and thin. Line6 amps...yuck lol. IMO..

Cube are awesome little amps!
I forgot to say my spending limit, yeah it's about 150-250.

Edit: Ok what effect pedal is used to get the Megadeth and Metallica sound.
Also how much would a Crate amp and a disortion pedal cost altogether. I also plan to start a band in a couple of months so it need to be powerful enough, its just gonna be a garage band though. Thanks for the help guys.
Last edited by I likeallguitar at Sep 4, 2006,