I had .11 Nickel Rockers on my old guitar, which was a 70's Classic Strat, and I was wondering if the neck of my new Highway One could handle 11's. I know I'd probably have to adjust some things, but would the neck take it? I'd have to fix the tremolo and truss rod most likely, right?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Neck would be fine for the most part. You would have to adjust action, intonation, and bridge angle. Pretty simple stuff, although you're going to have to take off the back cover.
oh good god! Not the back cover!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yeah, im using the eric johnson sig set, 11-52s for standard tuning. great strings. needs adjustments for the truss rod, still my neck isnt perfectly straight but its the way i like it. my truss rod is pushed to the max and i cant seem to tighten it anymore though. oh yea and im using 5 springs for the tremolo, 3 wasnt enough.
Quote by mikeman
Neck would be fine for the most part. You would have to adjust action, intonation, and bridge angle. Pretty simple stuff, although you're going to have to take off the back cover.

I already took it off. I don't like the back covers.

And I only have 3 springs, is that enough for .11's?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
infact I have a highway one on my lap right now that has 11s for a year. you may have to adjust the truss rod and intonate some stuff, mybe even wide the nut slots. you will only know when u put them on, but i doubt you will have to do much... i didnt.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
BTW if u have any questions pm because i have a highway 1 with 11s
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Any Fender guitar can handle 11's unless it has a LSR rolling nut. those are more prone to have problems with anything over 10 guage strings. besides i play two fenders with 12-56 guage strings. and my guitars havent shown any sign of warping or anything.
Okay the trem is all screwed up now, going completely inwards, I've tightened it down a little. Should I loosen the strings then do this. Or tune it then do it? I've been tuning it then doing it.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
**** **** **** I just broke the high E!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
u need 5 springs. mine floated way too high. if u try to tighten the strings the high e will snap
Well that's what happen. There is no way to get it not to float insanely high. God damnit, how much are those springs and where can I get them?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
**** I just found a whammy tension spring on the ground. Man, I'm ****ed.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I remembered I had a pack of .12 GHS Boomers in my car, so I threw those on the guitar. The trem is insanely floating but I don't care at this point. I adjusted the truss rod a little bit (tightened it) and the action. Was this a wise move?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
What you can do for the time being to compensate for not having enough springs is angle the springs to increase the tension, so instead of having them | | |, try putting them like / / /, either one over to the left or right, or 2 over to the left or right for a lot of tension. I do that with 10s and the bridge is flat against the body (I never use my trem). You could do that and also screw the plate holding them in place a little further into the body to increase the tension a little more.
Hi, I'm Peter
Okay. I use my trem alot so thanks.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Okay how do I move the springs? I loosened the strings but still can't move the springs.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Last edited by JJK at Sep 5, 2006,
Try pulling the end hooked into the bridge straight out. There's nothing holding them in place except tension.
Hi, I'm Peter
Sorry you guys but I got to update. I went to my local shop and got some .10 Nickel Rockers. Put em on there and adjusted the trem, truss rod, etc, and the thing plays great now! Thanks for all the advice.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp