HELP GUITARS WHICH ONE HELP< PLEASE HELP I am going to buy either a LTD MH 250 or an Ibanez S470 and would like any advice you guys could give, the agathis body on the LTD scares me as that wood is not very good for tone, but it is neck thru, and the I banez is mahogany which is alot better as far as tone wood goes, I currently play an Ibanez RG550 I bought new in '94, it has the Kery King EMG set in it, no middle pu, and a american strat, the RG is great for old school trash and the Strat is great at vintage rock and blues, but I want something in the area of Satriani tone, which ever one I buy will get a Dimarzio Fred in the bridge and a Dimarzio Joe in the neck with coil splitting, which one would be a better fit?? Thanks for any input.
Last edited by stratomaster74 at Sep 5, 2006,
I'd go for the Ibanez
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yeah, the ibanez for sure, but i'm also interested in your amp.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
My set up is >guitar-morley classic wah-Keeley TS9 plus mod-Keeley DS1-Boss MT2-Rocktron Hush-Peavey ValveKing 212.........with a Boss CH1-Boss DD6-Boss phaser in effects loop, I've been playing 25+ years and am not current on the new guitars out there as I've been pretty faithful to the strat, oh yea, did I mention the strat......trying to get out of the blues, classic rock rut and explore some instrumental stuff, need an all around axe, really, really like joe satriani, his tone is sooooo good, with the strat I can get close to Eric Johnsons sound, but I need a little more edge to the tone, like joe has, hope this helps, thanks guys
Quote by stratomaster74
My set up is >guitar-morley classic wah-Keeley TS9 plus mod-Keeley DS1-Boss MT2-Rocktron Hush-Peavey ValveKing 212.........with a Boss CH1-Boss DD6-Boss phaser in effects loop, I've been playing 25+ years and am not current on the new guitars out there as I've been pretty faithful to the strat, oh yea, did I mention the strat......trying to get out of the blues, classic rock rut and explore some instrumental stuff, need an all around axe, really, really like joe satriani, his tone is sooooo good, with the strat I can get close to Eric Johnsons sound, but I need a little more edge to the tone, like joe has, hope this helps, thanks guys

but dont forget about the gear Joe uses and also the way he plays contributes largely to his tone