Anyone have any experience or tips to share about buying an HDTV?
We're looking to buy an LCD or Plasma, 50" or larger.

What's the standard resolution for HDTV going to be? 1080i, 720p or 1080p?
I got mine last year, I could not possibly love it anymore.

Edit: Love it anymore then I do. Or something to that effect. In other words, I really like my HDTV and would recommend one for others to purchase.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Last edited by The Leader at Sep 5, 2006,
I really think it's going to be way more than 1080.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
I really think it's going to be way more than 1080.

Like what?
I just don't see it being anything greater than 1080p, most HDTVs out now and those that people have bought so far are just 720p
dont buy one. In just a few months(i think) there will come a new technique for TV that will have 10X better pictures than plasmas/hdtv and be at half the price!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
dont buy one. In just a few months(i think) there will come a new technique for TV that will have 10X better pictures than plasmas/hdtv and be at half the price!

What are you referring to?
Quote by amazingdm
What are you referring to?

Somekinda new TV, I cant remember who come up with it but simply this coming TV is revolution baby
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
We have an HDTV and I love it. they always have interesting channels that have awesome shows that you would really like to sit and watch with the quality of HD.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
ive got an older HDTV (not LCD or Plasma) but yeah its great, ive heard quite a few negative things about plasma TVs (they break easy, prematurely burn out etc. and if you play games on them the image can very easily be permanently burned onto the screen.) so i suggest LCD, especially if you plan on using it for video games.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
quesition: do hdtv's make a big difference on regular tv shows or are they mainly impressive on hd television shows?
they make minnimal difference on regular TV, because its not filmed or broadcast at a high resolution.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've never seen a HDTV broadcast. Sure we have those HD Ready TV's in the stores but since Canal+ is the only channel with a HD broadcast, I can't see how great it actually is.
There's quite a few here on comcast.
But it won't matter, all TV will be HDTV in a few years anyway..
k we just got a new sony hdtv... 1080p resolution. now so far im slightly disappointed, the regular channels look pretty blurry, and in the top left its saying 480i, but when we go to a hdtv channel, it says 1080i. is that just how it is or is there any way to enhance the normal channels quality?
^ No there isn't. Since it isn't taped and/or broadcasted in 1080i, it cannot be upconverted to look better. I also have an HDTV, and the regular channels are terrible too. The only thing you can do is try to fiddle with your screen properties and hope that it might help.

And remember, just because it's on one of the HD channels, doesn't mean it's broadcasted in HD.
I own one and love it. However there just aren't enough HD channels.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
doesnt it seem that the quality on regular channels is so much worse though??? its just bigger pixels
Quote by backtothe70s

I've heard about it, it's laser technology. They're coming out in three months.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Last edited by Xodah at Nov 10, 2006,
i was talking to someone yesterday who has a similar set up to ours, and he said that he put a splitter into the cable coming from the wall, and attached it to the tv AND the cable box, where as right now, without the splitter i believe we only have it attached to the cable box. he siad this improved his picture. do you guys think this'd help me?
We just got a HD ready tv, im just waiting for something to come and utizile the HDMI port.
I played Gears of War for 360 the other night on a 52" HDTV and I was blown away with the graphics. It's definitely made me consider buying one.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
any more information on this "laser technology"?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by backtothe70s

I dont know about the rest of Europe or the USA....but in the UK the current 'HDTVs' arent actually true HD, the format in which broadcast programs are filmed in.
The old/current 'HDTVs' being sold do not have the technology to decode the true high definition format and at the moment I don't think companies have the capacity to mass produce TVs which can for an 'affordable' price.

Thats not to say that the 'HDTVs' we have now arent better than standard tv, they are but not by much- not enough to justify paying 1 grand (ish) for a tv imo anyway. Wait a year or so and true HD will be here!!
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by amazingdm
Anyone have any experience or tips to share about buying an HDTV?
We're looking to buy an LCD or Plasma, 50" or larger.

What's the standard resolution for HDTV going to be? 1080i, 720p or 1080p?

I have the one in the x-box kiosk things as my computer screen/tv. Tis' a fine televison.