Poll: do u like razorlightt?
Poll Options
View poll results: do u like razorlightt?
yes
21 62%
no
13 38%
Voters: 34.
Yes - I bought the first album and didn't think much of it but the second album is loads better
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
yeah i like them. My gf got 2 see them at V its not fair.

I reckon the 2nd album is a lot better, Johnny's voice definitely improved in big way. And America, what a song.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I don't like them.
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
Never heard of them, maybe I should check them out.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
NO. Another boring British band who goes the clean guitar route. Along with Franz ferdinand, Kaiser chiefs, Kooks, etc etc. They all sound the same and just have a few singles that Radio 1 has over pushed.

Turn your guitars up, get a new style. 1 hit wonders if you ask me and even that is pants.
Quote by uk1
NO. Another boring British band who goes the clean guitar route. Along with Franz ferdinand, Kaiser chiefs, Kooks, etc etc. They all sound the same and just have a few singles that Radio 1 has over pushed.

Turn your guitars up, get a new style. 1 hit wonders if you ask me and even that is pants.

I'm with uk1 on this one.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Nope. They boring as hell, they got lucky with that recent indie explosion.

I don't like that recent indie explosion. There seem to be so many 'wimp rock' bands these days. No rythm guitar at all in some of them, even though there may be 2 or 3 guitars.
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
hehe funny I was just downoading a few songs to fins out that question.. Do I like them? WEll I've voted yes, mainly cuz I like golden touch..
Yeh i think ther d best band atm, saw them live at V n they wer out of this world, they kept the crowd relli involved n im hopin 2 go n c them at wembley too.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
VOX AD50VT
Yanagisawa (Saxophone if that counts?)
Quote by uk1
NO. Another boring British band who goes the clean guitar route. Along with Franz ferdinand, Kaiser chiefs, Kooks, etc etc.

Razorlight are a higher class than the Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand.
And they kick ass live.
Yeah but they have boring repetetive guitar tone.
Yes, I like them. I though th first album was excellent. Dalston was one of the best songs to surface that year, just class and absolutely loved it. Don't think the second album singles compare really, but I do still quite like America.
They're OK good ol' radio 1 always says how amazing they are which annoys me though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Yeah I like em.

Repetetive guitar tone, certainly, but nice lyrics and actual use of rhythm guitar make them decent =)
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by uk1

Seeming as you have mentioned most of the best bands out atm ur taste in music must b very shallow, not every band has 2 play with distortion or nething like tht, if they want a clean tone then let them hav it, cn u relli imagine ther songs with heavy distortion? its jus nt the sound wich suits the band the best
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
VOX AD50VT
Yanagisawa (Saxophone if that counts?)
Razorlight sound markedly different from the Kaiser Chiefs (who are truly awful, and sound nothing like Razorlight), Franz Ferdinand (A great band who are beginning to fall into self parody), and the Kooks (Who are excellent, and have a sound of their own which is why they have had such a successful year).

Razorlight are a cut above the rest of the bands mentioned above and their new album is superb, as well as diverse. So if it's not ok to have guitars set to clean for all your songs (which is bollocks by the way), then surely an album of high gain guitars can be dismissed in the same manner. Not everything has to be Spinal Tap number 11 on the dial you know. The way they are going, Razorlight could be a survivor from the current explosion of British bands a la Oasis. Remember all those **** Britpop bands (Menswear anyone?) who didn't make it. Razorlight have openly distanced themselves from a lot of other bands out there, and I can totally see why because they have the Golden Touch, if you'll excuse the pun!
They're okay but the new track America is getting wildly overrated and I dont think Johnny Borrel can even sing. They were shi t at Leeds Fest wen I saw em last year live as well, but the first album is a great listen.
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.