Hey peoplzz!!

I hope someone here can advise me...

I recently bought a Digitech GNX4 and i´m running it thrue a VoxAD30VT, wich on itself is a pretty good bedroom amp(apart from the ****ty stock speakers!!), but It doesn´t have an external effects loop, so I run the Digitech pedal thrue the guitar in line, most of the time this works pretty good! I have it on a clean setting with a flat EQ. but some effects/settings sound blurry(sort of a farting sound) especially with a low pick attack.
So.. lot of people told me that I should change the speaker from the vox amp for vintage celestions so it will generally improve my sound. Is this expensive??
If someone has any experience with this.. please advise me!!! I play mostly Blues, rock/60´s,70´s style music. Wich Celestions serve me best??

And another question: Is it possible to make an external effects loop on the VoxAD30VT? if so..how expensive is this?

Thank you very much for any advise.
a V30, but i think its the wrong siz for your amp. (the vox takes a 10inch speaker, right?)

btw, eminence speakers are much better value, if you can find them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
yeah it has got an 10 inch speaker, never heard of eminence speakers, any good..?
I would be interested in this too, I was told a Celestion 70/80 would be the best bet but it appears to be bigger (12") than the AD30vts stock 10" speaker.
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
take and cut the hole bigger and put in a new speeker, problably a greenback because it fits what you play so much
Last edited by sempri_fi at Sep 5, 2006,
Quote by sempri_fi
take and cut the hole bigger and put in a new speeker, problably a greenback because it fits what you play so much

is this true....? Can I really do that? and what about the external effects loop?
Advice would very much be appreciated!!
The speaker is an easy change. I too suggest Eminence speakers. They have many good 10" speakers that are pretty cheap for the price.

You can add an FX loop, but it would be very hard and not worth it. The Vox AD series aren't all that great anyways(when you include tube amps), and multi FX units are really bad.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
The speaker is an easy change. I too suggest Eminence speakers. They have many good 10" speakers that are pretty cheap for the price.

You can add an FX loop, but it would be very hard and not worth it. The Vox AD series aren't all that great anyways(when you include tube amps), and multi FX units are really bad.

thank u very much... for now i´ll stick with this amp and i´ll just change the speakers.

this was very helpfull 4 me!!