It will help your strings last longer. Just wipe them with a clean cloth.

Just think, you get a little sweat on the strings when you play and they will start to rust. Next thing you know you go for the big bend and SNAP! the string breaks.

It's a good habit to get into.
listen to this guy ^ good explanation
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
I have just got a product called "The Swipe", anyone else used this for cleaning strings?
i use GHS Fast Fret, if you use it on new strings right through their life it keeps them slippy and coated in some kinda oil. works nicely. but dont use it on already tarnished strings, the results wont be spectacular.
Quote by thesimo
i use GHS Fast Fret, if you use it on new strings right through their life it keeps them slippy and coated in some kinda oil. works nicely. but dont use it on already tarnished strings, the results wont be spectacular.

The was a rumor that Fast Fret ruins the neck wood. Not sure if it is true or not.
it just makes it feel sticky real sticky. and i dont wash my hands before i play and my strings last a long time probably because i use Elixirs