i got my new guitar and amp yesterday, a ibanez RG321MH and Cube 30 and towards the end of the day when i was playin at low volumes, when i was playing the higher frets, i dont know, the notes were dying real quick after i plucked them or sometimes the volume would get lower or somethin like that any ideas, sorry if i didnt really explain it right, but i dont really know wots goin on myself?
well like when i play upside down i sometimes hit the volume nob or like acidentally palm mute with my strumming hand.
you saying there wasnt much sustain on a low volume?

play with the guitar volume maxed out and reduce volume on amp, dont use a massive amp to play quietly cause you'll loose the sound..
try a new cable. i had one that faded you out slowly after a while
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
you know what pisses me off, that because i dont play some crappy music my mom likes she thinks i dont know how to play a full song on guitar. she doesnt get that on a cd there are other instruments like drums or bass or even more guitars. so when some one plays rhythmn i can solo to them. DAMN IT!
i think this can be solved scientifically......

when playing ur amp at low sounds your vibration thingy from your strings are like not going to be heard or something, so basically youll have the same effect as an acoustic at high frets or something as the volume is enough to be just like ticking over, try playing it louder
learn a song your mum likes and play it for her rcmaster she'll love it
no i only got it yestrday so its not teh cable and i have a few so i tried them, as you said above there seems to be bugger all sustain at low volume so i dont know wots wrong?
also when the amps on and im not playin the sound from it seems to be pulsing if you understand like coming in waves
Quote by rcmaster0072002
you know what pisses me off, that because i dont play some crappy music my mom likes she thinks i dont know how to play a full song on guitar. she doesnt get that on a cd there are other instruments like drums or bass or even more guitars. so when some one plays rhythmn i can solo to them. DAMN IT!

yay? :stickpoke:
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
try wat unblind said. Max out ur guitar volume and lower your amo volume.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by rcmaster0072002

Write and record your own song and then let her listen.
also when the amps on and im not playin the sound from it seems to be pulsing if you understand like coming in waves
i dont have any software, plus my computer hard drive is full of music and DAMN essays for school. and you know what chicken butt. i have to go to school and pretend to enjoy it.
I only get good sustain on the higher frets (we're talking between 18 and 24 here) when i've got some massive compression going, it's just the way it is i guess, on all my guitars. Raising the distortion will improve compression which i think is indeed your problem as compression really improves sustain a hell of a lot.
Marty
its not that im not getting alot of sustain its im not getting anythin really the notes seem to die after like 1-2 seconds
Maybe the pickups are set too close to the string. They are magenets and if they are too close, they can reduce sustain.
Quote by ch715dallat
when i fret 24th theyre 3 millimetres away? enough?

That sounds really close to me. BTW, is there a difference between when you play on the 24th fret and when you play a bit further down? Because originally it sounded to me like you're fretting out, but jmac is probably right if your pickup is only 3mm away from the strings. Use a screwdriver to bring the pickups down a bit, see if that helps.
Hi, I'm Peter