Hey all,
I've been working all summer and been saving the money to buy nice things.
One of these is to be a stratocaster for under 500£/ 882$.
The one I'm looking at at the moment is the Fender Deluxe Player's strat, it seems to have everything I want only I've read that the noiseless pickups may not be that hot.. Does anyone have any experience with those things? How does the tone compare to other strats, pros cons, etc.... bleh.

I love you.
They're great if you want the Fender single coil sound in all positions without the hum of true single coils. They're not humbuckers by any means...just noiseless single coils.
Pretty good if thats what you want.
That's cool, I'm definitely after a single coil sound. I also heard they we're quieter though, with maybe a little loss of definition in the tone. That's my main concern.
^That's apparently true.

So what else has attracted you to the Deluxe Strat? Because you could get another Strat and replace the pickups if you want a cheaper option.

And what sounds are you looking for from the pickups?
Love you too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The SCN pickups are much better than the regular Vintage Noiseless, btw.
Hi, I'm Peter
I have not tried the SCN's yet, but the "Vintage Noiseless" are weak. I just took them out of my Strat----------have a set of Lace "Holy Grails" coming in this week. I will post on the results as soon as they are in.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^That's apparently true.

So what else has attracted you to the Deluxe Strat? Because you could get another Strat and replace the pickups if you want a cheaper option.

And what sounds are you looking for from the pickups?
Love you too.

Well, I do like the look of the pickup switching system with the extra configurations, medium jumbo frets suits me and I also found it really eye-catching. I've yet to actually try it out, but I emailed the store to find out about it.
i have only ever seen a video of eric clapton using them live, and they sounded beatiful, serious sweet sounding, but then again he might (and most probably does) have a fair few grande worth of equipment to make them sound good,

never tried them myself though
I think you'll be okay with the noiseless pickups that come with the strat. Otherwise, you'll be paying through the nose (well, out of your pricerange at least) upgrading to different pups. Best thing to do is play them with your rig...if you feel differently, save up for a swapout and ebay the old ones.