I'm really considering buying one of these amps to play alot of (older) metal ( think metallica )but my musical tastes change all the time so it needs to be pretty versatile. it needs to have good cleans too. The head I buy has to be around 700$ cause I have yet to buy a cab (plus i dont have a job lol). Am i looking at the right amps?
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
I have a Jcm 900 and 1960lead cab with a jackson randy rhoads and a metalzone

its perfect for All Metallica and if you want to play nu metal stuff just scoop the mids out on the pedal and the amp and it gives you a great sound
Quote by joshrr1t

its perfect for All Metallica and if you want to play nu metal stuff just scoop the mids out on the pedal and the amp and it gives you a great sound

how are the cleans? like if i wanted to play some led zep, could i get by with the clean channel and like a tubescreamer or something?
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Quote by joshrr1t

Why ruin an amazing all-tube amp with a mediocre SS distortion pedal? The JCM900 can handle pretty much any and every genre and is one of the best amps I've had the privilege of playing on. You should also check out Laneys.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Jackson > you
The head I buy has to be around 700$

yea, you can get a JCM900 head for that much. Are you against getting a combo?