I have a problem with my Vibro Champ amp....I recently got it from my neighbor. Its a good amp and all, however, its not safe! Whenever I plug my guitar in and hold the strings with one hand and touch a metal object with the other hand, I get shocked...I think its not being grounded properly. What can I do? I enjoy this amp, but not enough to risk my life...lol
have you been able to test it with another guitar? It's usually the guitar if it's a grounding problem, although I have seen it on amps too. Try another cable too, and make sure both inputs on the amp and guitar are nice and secure, and haven't been spinning to loosen a wire.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah, I have tested it with a different guitar, same result. I tried with my fender 10 watt practice amp, and it doesnt shock me with either guitar. However, my practice amp has 3 prongs, while the vibro champ only has 2...could that be the problem?
The two prongs could be the problem as the third prong is usually a grounding wire the other two are usually positve and negative currents.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
Thats strange, why would Fender do that? Is there anything I can do to ground this guy?
interesting, I would have thought it would use the 3 prong too, must be pretty old? I think it's hot, neutral, and earth ground in the US. If I'm not mistaken, I've heard of people getting the tranny modified byt a tech for the 3 prong, and it wasn't expensive as I recall. I would call around some local shops.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids