Yes, I am one of those crazy people who got up at the crack of dawn yesterday morning just to go to Guitar Center's Labor Dale sale that started at 8 AM. I wasn't expecting to get a guitar at all, fore I have no money and I didn't think my mom would be willing to buy me another one. I kinda just went for giggles, and maybe to find a new tuner and some sheet music.

I don't know too much about electrics. I've been playing acoustic for four years. I'm not even that talented, I just know and have enough to get by. I know my majors, my minors, some other random chords... I own a digital recorder I don't know how to operate, a tuner, a capo, a cable, some picks... ya know. I've got a long way to go.

Anyway, I ended up leaving Guitar Center with a red Epiphone (Special) SG. My dream guitar is a red Gibson SG, so pretty much, this is just a cheaper model. Another customer tried to talk me out of this particular model and into buying one worth $400 (I don't recall what model that was).

But I explained that this was my first electric and I didn't feel that I needed anything amazing. I wasn't even expecting to get a guitar, but after I plugged it in and played away, I fell in love with it. But this other customer was trying to convince me that I didn't want this guitar. (Honestly, I think he just wanted it for himself. Heh.)

So, because I don't know that much about electrics, I'm going to ask those of you who do. What's your opinion on all this? Personally, I love it and I think it's perfect for a first electric. It wasn't expensive and it's almost identical to my dream guitar. But this guy just seemed so against me buying it.
Do I have to fall asleep
with roses in my hand?
Last edited by hitzphillygirl at Sep 5, 2006,
a pickguard would make it 10x sexier, for like 25 bucks you could get one and screw it on. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
its definetly a good one for your first guitar...but if you start getting into electric at all down the road, your definetly gonna wanna get the more expensive ones.

and yes...a pickguard (i think theyre maybe $20) would make it look so much more like ur dream guitar.
Im too full to swallow my pride!
yeah i got the very same model but in a deeper red
its a beautiful guitar and sounds brilliant
i should go for a pickguard aswell. it really finishes off nicely plus mine scratches really easily

a great buy
Stop shopping at Guitar Center. They are a cancer on the industry and a bane to all who play our fine instrument.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by hamish5178
a pickguard would make it 10x sexier, for like 25 bucks you could get one and screw it on. . .

seconded
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Quote by Mike_Moore
why is Les Paul in the name?

Sorry, I fixed that. I had Gibson on the brain. Haha.

And I definitely agree about the pickguard. I was looking at some online. I definitely want to put one on the guitar.

And Bubonic Chronic - What's wrong with Guitar Center?
Do I have to fall asleep
with roses in my hand?
Yeah, I went yesterday too not expecting to get anything but strings really...

...Needless to say, I walked out with a $650 guitar.

It's a nice first electric, but once you get into it you'll want a new one.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Electric guitars are a lot "smoother" to play, I guess you would say. I am definitely able to move my fingers faster and hold down the strings easier. I think I'm gonna like playing it.
Do I have to fall asleep
with roses in my hand?
it's good, but you could have gotten the other one, but if you're happy, that's good

did you try the other one?
I did try the other one for a minute or two, but it wasn't even in my price range. Heck, I didn't even know I was going to get a guitar. Haha. The next electric will definitely be a little expensive, though. My first acoustic was just under $100. My latest was $700. So, you see how it goes.
Do I have to fall asleep
with roses in my hand?
Quote by Mike_Moore
why is Les Paul in the name?

Also some of the reissue sgs are called les paul too, because when they first came out they were just a "new" les paul. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~