Hi everyone!

I'm planning to purchase a little practice amp that is good for direct
recording in my PC through the headphones/line-out jack.

I'm considering Roland's Cube-30 as it has got some very good reviews,
but maybe I'd save up a little bit and go with a Marshall Valvestate2000.
So my questions are:

Will that make a big difference anyway?
Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Mortis
Last edited by Mortis555 at Sep 5, 2006,
DEFINATLY the Roland Cube 30 my man! Not only is it teh complete ass kickery for practicing on...but its really good for recording. Its got the 'Recording Out' so you can go from that to a recorder and have very good quality sound right off the bat. Its just a really cool amp!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
DEFINATLY the Roland Cube 30 my man! Not only is it teh complete ass kickery for practicing on...but its really good for recording. Its got the 'Recording Out' so you can go from that to a recorder and have very good quality sound right off the bat. Its just a really cool amp!

Today I went to the music store and tried it out...

Man! You are right!!
That little demon kicks ass, besides it's surprisingly LOUD!

But lets face it, it's still a solid state; which means it will never encompass the overdrive sustain quality of a valvestate.
Quote by Mortis555
But lets face it, it's still a solid state; which means it will never encompass the overdrive sustain quality of a valvestate.

Who the hell told you that?

Valvestates are a marketting ploy, they're no better than solid states.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by Mortis555
Today I went to the music store and tried it out...

Man! You are right!!
That little demon kicks ass, besides it's surprisingly LOUD!

Dude you basically just said:

"DUDE I met this chick last night at a club and she was smokin hot! Nice ass, huge boobs, and llllooonnggg legs!! And she was suprisingly coming onto me!!!!

But lets face it. Im gay; which means she will never encompass the feel and warmth of a mans ass."
^ Lol, that was perfect.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Dude you basically just said:

"DUDE I met this chick last night at a club and she was smokin hot! Nice ass, huge boobs, and llllooonnggg legs!! And she was suprisingly coming onto me!!!!

But lets face it. Im gay; which means she will never encompass the feel and warmth of a mans ass."

Funny...
Your lack of emotional sustenance combined with the fact that you have nothing to do except bitchin' on other members in such a childish way ARE the real reasons behind your behaviour.
Hmmm... I'd welcome the idea of your getting castrated with dull scissors and undergo public televised crucifixions whilst rabid Nuns play with your dismembered testicles for the amusement of an audience of Tourrette's stricken Elvis impersonators.
Last edited by Mortis555 at Oct 15, 2006,
my slide just got stuck to my middle finger...

Vavlestates ahs bad Overdrive, while the cube has great overdrive!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
my slide just got stuck to my middle finger...

Vavlestates ahs bad Overdrive, while the cube has great overdrive!

I see.

I got a cube now and I'd recommend it to anyone reading this thread.
To hell with big-assed Valvestates.

As for recording, I hooked it up to my soundcard's Line In using Cubease and the result was surprisingly awesome!