Are the line 6 spider II amps good? the ones with like the blues,metal,crunchy ect ect settings?????????????????????????????
Wrong forum.

Basically, no they're not. There are much better for the price range that sound better, but they are decent enough if you're just using it for bedroom pracdtice. The halfstacks are a travesty.
There reputation is not desirable at all, most people who'v played will tell you they suck, especially the tone and when effects are used.

I personally find there amps very suspicous, 150W for £229? Thats VERY cheap for that amount of power.
they're ok if you play metal and hard stuff, but you can't really get a blues sound out of it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i played my old one tonight for blues and evrey time i played a chord like a flange was heard even though it was fully down on effcts know

it was like a really crap unwanted wah which isnt even a wah more like a ewewewewew
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
I'd say try looking for somewhere that's selling a Spider III, or just buy a good 150 watt or more amp.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
There ****. Besides having godawful tone anyways, there effects sound fake and the distortion sounds ****ty for everything nut the crappist metal, or tonelss metal. There are exceptions for that, though, just so I don't get my head bitten off by rabid 14-year-old metal heads and the like.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by andrew12398
I'd say try looking for somewhere that's selling a Spider III, or just buy a good 150 watt or more amp.

Spider III? 150 watt solid state? Good?
^ Roland Jazz chorus I happen to own the line 6 model, and i like mine, gets the job done, i agree that it has too much gain. I unfortunately don't have the money and my parents will for me to buy a high gain tube amp The cheapest new high gain tube amp that i've been able to find is an Ashdown fallen angel.. It goes for $700 dollars. If you can afford a tube amp, obviously go for it, but if you can't, look for other solid state amps in the process not just the line 6. There are a lot of amps that i tried, and i still prefered my sound out of my spider, go ahead and criticize me, i really dont care, it's about what i like. There are IMO only a few people that really can say that the spider sucks, a lot of the others just go along w/ it.
I bought a Line 6 Spider II 112 from GC sunday, it's not bad for the price. All the distortion models suck! I use it with my distortion pedal and it sounds fine.
my friend had one and it broke on him in the first week and it costs alot to get it fixed
Well, even if the distortion sucks, I still have a distortion/wah pedal.

Most guitar stores let you try them, don't they? The one I went to did.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
i have a line 6 spider II 15W amp. idk, its a good amp i mean, u can possibly get good sounds. but the tone really can be horrible...
I have a Line 6 Spider 2 and I think its ****. I play Metallica, Pantera and Trivium and I am constantly tweeking the knobs just so it sounds half ass
i've gone off them since two of my friends' ones broke down for no reason
I have one, has gotten the job done over the past 2 years, I like it, if you dont, you dont, go out and try it, if you like it, buy it, if you dont, get another one, i say go for it.
i own the 30watt and its horrible... ur better off just buying a good ol marshall, like im gonna do in a week or so
first of all they suck ass, and second of all, why does everyone on this site just swarm to either an MG or a spider2?
i dont get it.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
first of all they suck ass, and second of all, why does everyone on this site just swarm to either an MG or a spider2?
i dont get it.

because they're powerful for not much money, and at the end of the day, its a hell of a lot cheaper to use effect pedals than spend £500 + on a tube amp...
it's better to get a great solid state than a crappy solid state, and i'd rather have a less powerfull good sounding amp than one that sounds like crap, i got a tube amp for 400 bucks, you can't say that's expensive, and it stomps any MG anyday....even the halfstack, it's louder than that, guaranteed..with tone that doesn't make your ears bleed, there's such thing as a wonderful sounding solid state, and i can guarantee you they can be had for less than 600 dollars
The Spider series of Line 6 amps suck. Now when you get onto Flextones and Vettas it's a whole different story. Save for a Flextone 3.
Gear:

Fender American Strat (Dimarzio chopper)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Ibanez SA260FM
LANEY GH50L!!
Framus 2x12 with Celestion V30s

Line 6 Flextone III
EHX Metal Muff
Marshall BB2
I have owned a Line 6 Spider II amp and I can tell you that its a GREAT practice amp (wide range of sounds...decent tone) but if you want to play live or record I highly suggest going for something else.