Id like to have some explaining plz

I keep hearing all these terms...which i have no clue about :p i tried doing search button but couldn't really find it =)

What are best pickups around (metal , hardrock)

I seeeeeeeee alot of thingies...

so if someone could explain me what:

Floyd Rose Tremelo
Active EMGs (or something)
Strat Tremelo
and hum whatever else there is

ps. also tell me which ones really suck

Thx ^^
Bestpickups around for metal and hard rock are debatable, but Active EMG's or someother Highoutput would Be good.

Active EMG: A pickup with a small preamp on it that bostes the output and sounds better for distiortion.
Floyd Rose Term: A company of tremolo, origional are killer, Licinsed suck balls.
Strat Trem: The tremolo on a strat, usully a floyd or something based off one.
Humbucker: A guitar pickup with two sections wired togeather in oppisite directions to cancle 60 cycle hum, or whatever kinda hum it is.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
seymor duncan pickups.
floyd rose is a type of tremelo (lets you change the pitch of note by applying force to the whhammy bar)
A strat trem is the same as a flowyd rose, but closer to he body so less of a variation can be made.
An active EMG is a type of pickup.
Floyd Rose Tremelo - Tremolo system found usually on ibanez and schecter guitars (it's the metal stick that u push down to make the string noise vibrate)
Active EMGs (or something) - a type of pickups. they are called "active" because they have to have a preamp system inside the guitar, this uses 9v batteries. they are usually very strong. emg is just a brand of pickups
Strat Tremolo - tremolo system found on strat guitars. usually called a whammy bar.
and humbucker - a type of pickup. basically two single coil (think strat pickups) put together and wound up in opposite directions to "buck the hum" therefor its name.
single coil pickups- kind of pickups that u usually find on strats.

single coils are thin, humbuckers are about double the width.

and for hard rock/metal...emg's are probably the best, but it's just opinion.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
EMG: Battery powered pick-up
FR: Like a strat trem but is meant for crazy whammy effects (as it come with a locking nut and goes back and forth)
Strat Trem: The tremolo that is on a sttratocaster guitar, this is only meant for the off wangle as they dont keep tune (unless you have good tuners/locking nut) these are usually not used much

And there is no best pick-up
Thanks for the quick replies =) got a bit of an idea now.... i really need to test these things at the guitar shop though :p so i can see for myself =)