Marshall 1960A for $400 at a Pawn Shop. I won't get to use it 'till X-mas, but it's mine

I plan on buying a JCM900 or 5150 between now and then to go with it.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Nice dude. (for you) Im torn between the 900 and the 5150. I love both to death! But theyre both very different lol So be carefull when deciding upon what to get!
Oh yeah, I'm really torn. I can't tell you how torn I am. I'm thinking both will be in my possession once I have the money. My parents are going to pay half for either amp I buy, and so I think I'll go with the JCM900 first since they're kinda uncommon and then buy a used 5150. I wanna use my JCM900 for my rhythm and cleans and use the 5150 for my leads. Both are amazing amps and I'm sad I can't have both already =[[
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
awesome man....

they have cabs at pawnshops?!??!?!

AHH

i have found somewhere to get a cheap cab!
wee!

thanks!
haha.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Well, I think I'm gonna go back up there tomorrow and put it on hold for 90 days until around X-mas time. I'm not gonna get to bring it home right away, but it'll give me time to save up for half of my JCM900
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
IMO, once you step up to this league of amps, there is really no need to own two....

Sure, it's fun, but you can find good tones in a single head.

Play them, and pick one.....it will cost you much more (cables, pedals, cabs etc.) to run both heads, and unless you're a pro, what's the point?!?!

IMO, find the one you like best, and find the best tone in that one amp!
Quote by SchecterGates

they have cabs at pawnshops?!??!?!

lol of course they do!

Theres a little pawn shop right next to my work, and theres a cool little Orange 2x12 cab in there. But it was $500...and I thought that was way steep ..
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
IMO, once you step up to this league of amps, there is really no need to own two....

Oh yes there is!
^ yeah but thats completely different. That guy is a collector. Obviously he wouldnt use all of that, or even a tenth of that for live situations,.
Yeah, but the point is, two amps are perfectly reasonable. No matter what you really can't cover every single tone you might need with one amp. Hell, I have a Mark IV which is a very very versatile amp, and I still want more amps with different flavours of tones to run alongside it, ie a Recto, Marshall, Bassman. Wouldn't that be nice. Theres just certain signature tones you can't achieve with just one amp.
^ yup. Which is why I love having my Marshall. And hopefully within the next couple years Im goin to buy another 6505. Maybe a combo next time though lol
Completely irrelevant to this conversation, but I found a C-1 Elite priced at $300 and a 006 Deluxe (or whatever... the base model) for $500. WTF? Anyhow, I think Electrick pretty much summed up what I'm thinking.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2