So what the hell is a Nato Wood body?...yeah i noticed it on a BC RiCH V that i thought looked kinda nice, but i dont know what the hell that wood is?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Nato (palaquium) is a wood native to to the Philippines (nato), fiji islands (bauvudi), Indonesia (njatuh), & Sarawak (jangkar). Contrary to popular belief, it is not related to mahogany (swietenia) at all. Mahogany & nato are in two different order & families.
Don't believe marketing!

An interesting fact, nato was used to make early latex rubbers.

Also, a quick search would have turned up these...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410742&highlight=nato

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at Sep 5, 2006,
Damn...i serache dlike a week ago and nothing of use came up, i probably used the wrong key words..anyway, is it a preference wood?...or just sounds lifeless and fake?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

LEARN TO USE THE BLOODY SEARCH FUNCTION GODAMMIT.

Nato is like a relative of mahogany, it's softer and crappier, it's low end, better than plywood or agathis though.
Nato is not related to mahogany at all, as stated above you. It's not even 'like' mahogany at all. Very poor tonewood.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Yea, I didn't mean as in the real relative, but it's used as a cheap substitute for bastards for maho.
Quote by AlGeeEater
Nato is not related to mahogany at all, as stated above you. It's not even 'like' mahogany at all. Very poor tonewood.

Thats what we wanted to know

the all-knowing AlGeeEater lives to answer another question
Quote by Invictious
Yea, I didn't mean as in the real relative, but it's used as a cheap substitute for bastards for maho.

Indeed you're correct, but to me it sounds nothing like mahogany. Just bad marketing really.

Chris