ok basically, i got invited to join a local band the problem being i have no gigable gear. AKA "s'word" amp. so im wondering whats the minimum wattage for an amp if i was in a band (consisting of bass player, drummer, vocals, one or two guitarists). and any suggestions for an amp you can make. cause i have a 15 watt silvertone smart III amp wich kinda blows. im looking for the cheapest amp possible with effects because i lack any pedals. and for it to be an actually decent amp. i was looking at the Zoom amp previosly.
try no less that 50 im guessing
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
you should probably go with at least 100. Any less and you wont be able to get a good clean tone on high volumes over the other intruments in a larger area.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
well. your probably going to think im a dumbass, but i like what i have. i recently got an ibanez tone blaster 100 head with a hartke 412 cab. it actually sounds really good together and its only 600 bucks when you buy the two peices.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
Well you can get the Roland cube 60 for $350 of MF and from what I can see its a nifty amp
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
you could go to guitar center and buy a used head and cab......

i got my peavey head for 125.

but that was at the labor day sale...
it was 300 used.

but still
you could probably find something to fit your budget.
=]
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
I would seriously go with a cheap half stack. It will last a lot longer and youll be a lot more satified.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
"Cheap" and "Half-Stack" are not two phrases that should go together

If I was you TS, I wouldn't go any lower than 50 watts solid state. I've tried a Roland Cube 30 and though the Rectifier setting was pretty good for High Gain stuff. The Cube 60 would probably be a good choice if you're going to be playing Metal or similar High Gain music and want to do small gigs.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
i believe the band wants to play punk. and the name blink 182 came about, like you can play their stuff right. i laughed and said maybe.
^LOL, who CAN play blink-182?

(it's a joke)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?