ok so i'm going to ask this chick to homecoming (a dance for those of you who don't know) and she really likes simple plan. so i was thinking about recording myself playing one of their songs to ask her. since i don't know them, can someone tell me a good song of theirs for this occasion?

thanks
Just ask her dude. Don't pull the cheesy stuff. Especially if she says no, then it will be really embarassing. Just go to her, stand straight, make eye contact, be confident and ask her.
Quote by Led Wing
Just ask her dude. Don't pull the cheesy stuff. Especially if she says no, then it will be really embarassing. Just go to her, stand straight, make eye contact, be confident and ask her.

well see for these dance things it is always expected for the guy to ask in some creative way around here, like my friend wrapped a girls car in saran wrap and cut up the letters of his name and hid them around her car for her to see who was asking her. so yeah, i pretty much have to do this. just asking her would be boring.
Quote by Led Wing

+1
Quote by llama_guitarist
well see for these dance things it is always expected for the guy to ask in some creative way around here, like my friend wrapped a girls car in saran wrap and cut up the letters of his name and hid them around her car for her to see who was asking her. so yeah, i pretty much have to do this. just asking her would be boring.

Are you serious?
Do The First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes, or something equally lame.

I'm sure that one will work, plus you don't have to have a great voice/any guitar skills whatsoever to pull it off.

How old are you...?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
Do The First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes, or something equally lame.

I'm sure that one will work, plus you don't have to have a great voice/any guitar skills whatsoever to pull it off.

How old are you...?

im 15 so i'm pretty freakin squeaky voice-wise. i'm not too bad at guitar though. i wanna do something she will recognize though. i'm not sure if she knows the bright eyes.
Oh you want really lame songs that all girls know?

Time Of Your Life - Green Day.

/thread.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

don't do The First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes thats not a hi my names so and so, will you go to homecoming with me song
Quote by frd_marshll
don't do The First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes thats not a hi my names so and so, will you go to homecoming with me song

and neither is time of your life to the guy above you. i'm just sticking with simple plan anyways so i just need one of their songs to learn
So what do you suggest?

Dance fucking Dance?!

Quote by ETHANEVIL

WERE FALLING APART TO HALFFFF TIME.

erm

i dont know

please dont do simple plan though?

i cant see how they will want her to go to prom with you, just feel sorry for you.. (not that youre pathetic, its just all their songs are about heartbreak)

oooh

do "thats so you" by the rocket summer or "beauty in the breakdown" by scene aesthetic.

plus, chances are she wont know them and she'll think youre a pro songwriter.

score!
Quote by the_astronaut
So what do you suggest?

Dance fucking Dance?!

That was Fall out Boy wasn't it?

What I suggest you do is search for Simple Plan tabs, look for the one with the most amount of votes. That'd roughly show the most popular track by them.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Why don't you wait until she has a class on an upper-level of your school, and then attach your underwear to the flag pole, hoist yourself up, and ask her. It will not only scare the **** out of her (because let's face it, we don't want people talking to us from the window 2 stories up. Not unless you're one of those damned flying monkeys), but it'd be creative.
Quote by andrewbiles

What I suggest you do is search for Simple Plan tabs, look for the one with the most amount of votes. That'd roughly show the most popular track by them.

hey that sounds good. i'll try that.

Quote by j0nmcc
WERE FALLING APART TO HALFFFF TIME.

erm

i dont know

please dont do simple plan though?

i cant see how they will want her to go to prom with you, just feel sorry for you.. (not that youre pathetic, its just all their songs are about heartbreak)

oooh

do "thats so you" by the rocket summer or "beauty in the breakdown" by scene aesthetic.

plus, chances are she wont know them and she'll think youre a pro songwriter.

score!

ok so i'm not asking a total stranger, she's a good friend of mine and we met over the summer. so i don't know her all that well. haha i like that idea about the me being a pro song writer, but i think i'm still sticking with simple plan. yes, she likes them that much.

llama_edit:
so i just listened to "i'd do anything" and it's not really all heart breaky so i think i'm gonna go with that one. maybe, unless i find a better one.

llama_edit # 2:
Quote by Oneofmanyfallen
Why don't you wait until she has a class on an upper-level of your school, and then attach your underwear to the flag pole, hoist yourself up, and ask her. It will not only scare the **** out of her (because let's face it, we don't want people talking to us from the window 2 stories up. Not unless you're one of those damned flying monkeys), but it'd be creative.

that would work. if only my school had two stories....and yeah that is quite creative.
Last edited by llama_guitarist at Sep 5, 2006,
Quote by j0nmcc
okay man

well good luck with it.

yeah she's a dang nice person, so i'm sure she wont say no. and i'm pretty sure she's not expecting someone else to aks her. so things should go well. except for me looking like a freaking dork in the video. anyways....thanks for the help peeps.
Quote by andrewbiles

It was the first song I thought of with dance in the title.

This song seems like a lot of effort to ask a girl out..

Quote by ETHANEVIL

this is a guy who is in a couple of my classes at college. he had a girlfriend. needless to say he doesn't anymore...

it's hilarious
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Play

Bob Evans - Don't You Think It's Time.

Quote by frodoisdead
this is a guy who is in a couple of my classes at college. he had a girlfriend. needless to say he doesn't anymore...

it's hilarious

Play "My Alien"...she will love it. Then say I want to probe you after the dance.
Experience is something you don?t have, until just after you need it.