So just yesterday, I played a gig with my guitar, and it sounded just fine. Today though, I plugged it into my amp, and no sound came out. I'm pretty sure it's my guitar, because i can hear a signal coming from my cable through the amp. I think it's my input, because when i took a look at it the wire looked weird. Sorry, I'm a noob with all the technical aspects of the guitar, so i can't really describe it in much detail. Any suggestions about what might be wrong, and how to fix it?
Peace.
Well look on the bright side, atleast your rig didn't stop working before the gig.

You positive it isn't your chord? If you got another guitar, check it on your amp with the exact same chord. Or just check another chord.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
same thing happened to me only it was my cord
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Chances are, that its your cord. Try the chord with another guitar or instrument and see how it works. It can also be an unplugged effects pedal. Check the effects pedal's cords as well.
Sent from my iPad.
if ur cord is fine, then check ur guitar's input. especially if it's ever been loose, and you hand tightened the nut.

quiet often that spins the attached two wires and rips one off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
this may sound really thick and stupid, but the wires are worth checking and does your guitar have pickup selectors where you can turn pickups off? mine does and i sometimes accidently turn the pickups off when strumming
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks