Hey,

I am shopping for a new amp to replace my Peavey Rage 158 15W. I just got a new guitar (Gibson LP Standard) and want a better amp. I only play in my apartment and not out gigging or with other people. What would you recommend? Is the Blues Junior a waste of the $ b/c I won't be cranking the **** out of it?

Which one would play better at lower volumes? I'm guessing the Vox for lower and the blues jr for loud ****

I like classic rock, hard rock, GNR, 311, Disturbed, Rush, Pink Floyd
AD15? As someone who had that amp, I'm afraid I can't vouch for it. It's kinda fun.... for a while... but the blues jr. blows it away by miles. The only time I've ever played the blues junior is in guitar stores, but "valve-state" technology is not valve technology. I'd save and go for the real tube amp.

On the other hand, the AD15 is fun to play with. Lots of effects.. versatility. That's really what it's about. Versatility vs. tone. Your choice.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
I like tone. I plan to get a few pedals to switch up the sound. But, will the Blues Jr be too loud for a bedroom?
Hmmm... that's a tricky question... I'd find R_H_C_P and drill him for an answer. It does have a master volume, so that's good. Honestly, I dunno. I would think so, but ask an expert.

**Make sure you try these too!
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Blues Jr.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
blues junior plus a TS9(or if your special enough 808) and your set
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.