Page 1 of 2
is there anybody on here who doesnt fit into one of these genres:

METAL!!! BUAAAAH!!!!
those prog/jazz technical crazy players
blues/classic rock
punk/grunge
jam band-ish

and dont give me any of that no "im not screamo im alternative post-harcore" sht

not to say im completely original, i mean ive still got a lot to work out and stuff but honestly does our generation have any hope? i mean its been awhile since hendrix i think we're due for another prodigy...and i no for damn sure its not me.

anyone? anyone?
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Maybe you aren't listening to really good post-hardcore. I would say I'm a spazz guitar player with dance and surf influence.
does it count if you don't think you fit into any of them but your a bit of all of them? (plus a few more genres)
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
im becoming the blues/classic rock tye player. but we all have our own influences and our own personal styles. i think there are many original bands in that genre, as in any genre/grouping.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
I don't fit any of the above listed categories. I am original. Will I save guitar and music for our generation? Probably not, that is not my job.
Go listen to Sten Hostfalt, and tell me thats not original, they got some of his stuff on download.com
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by cubedeathk
Go listen to Sten Hostfalt, and tell me thats not original, they got some of his stuff on download.com

dude....something listenable please lol
Quote by RHCP94
I DON'T PLAY THOSE
I TOUCH MY GUITAR AND THE VERY SOUNDS OF HELL ESCAPE THROUGH THE AMP
and strangely, it sounds like bluegrass
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Funk blues metal? actaully fun to play
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Acoustic rock
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I wouldn't say I'm entirely original, but I don't fit into one of those veins really. More like indie/alt rock, really. like modest mouse and stuff.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
i wish i could see sum1 read this thread and go "oh....well...nvm."
Quote by RHCP94
^ that was my exact response
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
dude....something listenable please lol

Sten happens to be one of my favorite arstists, and tell me what other guitarist is like him?

i try not to confine myself to a genre and learn as many different styles as i can.
Im not original, I know that for sure. I play Blues, Country, and Metal. Lots of people have done that im sure. Its hard to be original nowadays.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
JerryC

My favorite is canon rock and rock on but there all great check it out.
Last edited by Osiris77 at Sep 6, 2006,
Hmm... Brain Molko I guess. It could be called punk, the way he plays, but to me it does't sound that specific.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Well I was already beaten to Mattias IA Eklundh and Justin King. (a better touch player then Justin, less wanky, is Antonio Forcione). Buckethead is another one.

Its hard to be original nowadays.

It certainly is not.
I hate genres, always have. I have no misconceptions that I'm ever going to be a guitar god, not that i'd want to be, so I just play what makes me happy.
Why are you putting so much thought into who's what? Music isn't a f*cking highschool filled with clicks. Play what you like and stop worrying about what genre it is. If it's unique, it's unique, if it's not, at least it makes you happy playing it, and that's what matters.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. The Mars Volta and At The Drive-In are both considered "experimental." His playing is VERY original.

A lot of people even consider him this generation's Jimi Hendrix.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i play everything from funk to rock to jazz to blues but i'm a fusion guitarist at heart.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
At the moment I seem to play more in standard tuning, but making it sound like an open tuning i.e. getting a good drone from strings etc.
I am classically trained, which meaned I trained myself first in classical music then I useall of my techniques in rock and I practice classical for maintainence of skills. I would fit into clasic metal
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
not to say im completely original, i mean ive still got a lot to work out and stuff but honestly does our generation have any hope? i mean its been awhile since hendrix i think we're due for another prodigy...and i no for damn sure its not me.

anyone? anyone?

It's looking increasingly likely that John Mayer is going to be one of those guitarists.
Quote by codybcool
It's looking increasingly likely that John Mayer is going to be one of those guitarists.

Not when it comes to blues though. He is basically indistinguisble from SRV, somehow he must have spent years trying to capture all of Stevies nuances in his playing. He needs to be more original when it comes to the blues definitely.

hendrix was blues/classic rock...

and you pretty named most music in the 'isn't' list

ther's flamenco, flamenco's cool
Page 1 of 2