I have been looking into getting an Epiphone Cherry Sunburst LP Standard for my next guitar and i was wondering if it's worth the extra money to get the standard rather than the plain top. Thanks.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
yes and the custom is even more worth the money
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
definitely, ive got the ultra and its worth every single dollar! great guitars that are lighter than gibsons with the same soung quality
It just depends on whether cosmetics matter to you or not I guess. Personally, I wouldn't.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Wow, you guys are really off in my opinion

The plain top is best because it has a REAL mahogony body, unlike the plus top/custom/almsot every other LP by Epi, witha mahogony/alder sandwich, which doesnt sound like a true LP...the tone i guess it preference, if you like fat mahogony tone, then get the plain top, if like like a brighter sounding thing, then get the whatever the **** LP with a mahogony/alder sandwich

EDIT: i forgot to mention, alot of people have been complaining about the quality of the guitar, paint being off, dings, whatever from the factory, so make sure you try it before you buy, and look it completely over
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

^ Well in that case you should go for the plain top. Thanks for the info.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?