Page 1 of 2
And the neck is as smooth as a babys ass and as flat as a pancake, it plays like a dream. Sounds awesome with dimarzios, but DAMN i wish i had chose a different colour!
Mirage Red looks like period poo, and the body feels really plasticy, oh well
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
Cool! pics?
but i'm with you on the mirage red finishes dude lol.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
lol, i don't think i need post a pic, they are on the net. It looked lush on the ibanez site!
Might get a pickguard for it or something, or get it painted, it's tacky!
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus

it does come with the lush case mind

Might take it to my local shop and see if they can paint if basic matt black.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
RG1570's rock! And I didn't know it came in red o_0...but i'm happy with mirage blue :-D Also, I need to get some new pick ups for this thing...perhaps i'll install dimarzio too :-P
Ibanez RG1570 and RG1527
Black Ibanez Acoustic
30w Roland Cube Amp
Boss Metal Zone
Ex7 effects pedal
I have one in black (lefty black, not that crappy color-shifting black on the righties) and I think it looks awsome!
cool man, think you could post a pic? i dunno how much it would cost to get a matt black paint job, they would have to strip the whole guitar down and prolly sand the old mirage finish off...hmm

And Ryan, you do need new pups lol, the ibnz ones suck!
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
Cleans are pretty terrible on that guitar, 'ears mine...

That's how the blue looks. Waaaaay too sparkly...
good gravy that's a big pic, blue looks nicer than red, to me anyway. do you find the bodies feel real plasticy? just cheap feelin, i know it's basswood, but still. black finish will do my guitar wonders.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
It doesn't feel too bad to me, feels really thick kinda and durable, but I know what you mean how some fenders perhaps have a really thin nitro finish. Did you already have those pickups installed on the first day?!
yup, came at 9am, took it to shop down the road, back by tea time.

Oh well, i'll either get used to the finish, or get it done black, can't be that expensive.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
This is what the lefty black looks like:

No stupid "sparkle" effect. I think that was the worst idea for this model!
Why doesn't Ibanez have a wide color variety for each model?
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
that's lush kit, ****in ibanez! i'm sooo getting it painted black now, **** the period/crap colour.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
What kind of music do you play? I'm thinking about getting an air norton neck, how does that paf pro sound?
And I don't know what's up with your guitar, but mine doesn't feel "plasticky" at all. Maybe it was the wierd paint job that made it feel that way on yours?
Quote by mikeman
What kind of music do you play? I'm thinking about getting an air norton neck, how does that paf pro sound?

paf pro sounds lush, i play mainly shred and death metal, i've heard good things bout the air norton.

and yeh, prolly the gay finish that gives it the tacky feel, not for long!!
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
black will look evil. i think it costs a butt load to get it painted. i'd do it too if i could.
yeh deffinately, the mirage finish makes it look like a toy, would be perfect otherwise!
anyone got a clue how much a basic black paint job would cost? guess that's one for the custom thread.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
At least there's one advantage to being a left handed guitarist! We usually get the shaft on cool colors. I'm not really a big fan of plain 'ol black, but I was really impressed when I saw this thing for the first time. The guys at my guitar shop were all crowding around it and drooling!
ooh listen to you ! hehe. I love plain black, i got a green evo in bridge and blue paf pro in neck, so they would look sick in a black body.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
Okay, I bought a used Ibanez, and I THINK it's a 1570. Can you help me identify by specs?

- 24 frets
- Licensed Floyd Rose
- H-S-H (by the way, what is Gotoh"
- But, it was black and not a lefty
- It was tagged for being around $699 used
For comparison I mean, I just want to compare to what I have against what I think I have.

Sorry for double post
Am I the only one who likes the Mirage Blue finish?
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Hm, one of the two things i dislike about RG's is the color (the other being the wood)
The only rg I would ever consider purchasing is the RGT320QRBB
but thats super expensive.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by invisible_man

Most of the finishes Ibanez puts out look crappy to me. To be honest the lack of color variety was one of the reasons I buy Jackson guitars.
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by invisible_man

I think the mirage blue is nice, just the mirage red kinda sucks. I think ibanez make pleanty of colours, and basswood is really good, it's not alder, but there is nothin wrong with it.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
I'm the proud owner of an RG520!

To answer a few of the questions floating around....

1. The air norton has GORGEOUS CLEANS! Ever since I got my RG, I find myself going to it for my clean tones.....

2. The feel is more than likely the finish....which isn't all that bad, but not to my liking either....

3. Ibanez makes (or made ) some great colors! Here's my baby!

And it's Mahogany

Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I'm the proud owner of an RG520!

To answer a few of the questions floating around....

1. The air norton has GORGEOUS CLEANS! Ever since I got my RG, I find myself going to it for my clean tones.....

2. The feel is more than likely the finish....which isn't all that bad, but not to my liking either....

3. Ibanez makes (or made ) some great colors! Here's my baby!

And it's Mahogany

cool guitar man. i take it that its from the late 90s to early 00's with the super wziard (skunk stripe) neck which is my favourite period of ibanez lol.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
ibanez4life, that's lush! And mahag too, nice. I'm planning on re painting my rg1570 to toxic green, gona cost a bomb tho
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
Quote by mikeman
^ Exactly!

Is it just me, or are RG horns way to huge and sharp?

the exact reason why I don't like the RG-shape.

of course, that's all personal!
Quote by JorisBlack
the exact reason why I don't like the RG-shape.

of course, that's all personal!

the exact reason why i DO like the shape lol, whatever floats ur boat init.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
Page 1 of 2