I had an idea and wanted to know what you guys thought before I did anything. How bout we have a cover contest covering some songs that were written by our fellow UGers. They can PM the tabs if the original artist gives u permission and u can take it from there. cool idea?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

if we do tat, people can easily steal other peoples work and clame it as there own. Thats why i dont post originals on here or my site. Nice idea, but i doubt anyone will take that risk
Quote by gallagher2006
if we do tat, people can easily steal other peoples work and clame it as there own. Thats why i dont post originals on here or my site. Nice idea, but i doubt anyone will take that risk

haha lol.
I doubt that anyone round here is able to write a hit that should be protected so it won't be stealed.

I think it's a pretty good idea but i don't know any songs that are worth being covered
Quote by dEipHoBoS
haha lol.
I doubt that anyone round here is able to write a hit that should be protected so it won't be stealed.

I think it's a pretty good idea but i don't know any songs that are worth being covered

Thats not the point, the fact is that people can steal something you spent YOUR time and creativness making, and claim it as there own
Quote by dEipHoBoS
haha lol.

I disagree. I've found so much talent sifting through the Original Recordings forum, there's some damn good material there that's worth covering.

As for this contest, it's an ok idea, but you should take it to the Cover Song Contests Subforum.
Meh, not a bad idea. I kinda don't like it though...
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~