Hey all. I was thinking of getting a body from Warmoth (dunno exactly what kind yet.) and was wondering about the tonal qualities of poplar. I figure to slap a Quilt Maple top on the sucker and fade it to a gloss black (Life it seems will fa-...sorry.). Polar's cheap, but it still needs to sound good. Obviously it's ugly green junk, but the black should hide that.

thanks.
For less money you can buy an Alder or Ash body blank and make your own.

I thought about buying a Warmoth body, too expensive.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
poplar soudns just fine. my tele is made of poplar and is sounds great, alot like alder.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
I think that Warmoth sells bodies with quilted maple already glued on. Probably even more expensive though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Warmoth isn't worth it. Too expensive. My Warmoth body was nice, but not nice enough to warrant the cost.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah, it's really expensive. Ask Algee about a custom body.
I'd only get something like a custom neck there.
Becuase they offer alot of different wood combinations and customizations...but that's about it. Their neck prices aren't too bad.
you're in the US, you lucky gits have got loads of parts shops to choose from, here in the UK we have about 3 that are web capable, and they stock everything for strats, a few teles, and nothing else, not even p-bass usually, google is your friend, i found loads of places in the US that stock that sort of stuff, and cheaper than warmoth