Ok, so i just recently got the hang of theory, wow, it's awesome, hah. But i was messing around with the formula C-E-G, and i came up with this 0-0-0-7-7-10 << this is the fingering for the chord i think is a cmaj. am i right? the notes on this chord would be C-G-C-C-E-C. which follow the formula. Am i doing this right? By the way, i am doing this in drop c turning, so the tuning would be C-G-C-F-A-D. k thanks.
Quote by Nautaflcl
Ok, so i just recently got the hang of theory, wow, it's awesome, hah. But i was messing around with the formula C-E-G, and i came up with this 0-0-0-7-7-10 << this is the fingering for the chord i think is a cmaj. am i right? the notes on this chord would be C-G-C-C-E-C. which follow the formula. Am i doing this right? By the way, i am doing this in drop c turning, so the tuning would be C-G-C-F-A-D. k thanks.
Yes, that is a C major chord.
that would be a c maj. in jazz, theres no wrong way too make a chord, so long as you follow the root 3rd and 5th gutiar order. then of course you can substitute the root with flat 7ths and flat the 3rds and etc...
Last edited by metal_man12 at Sep 5, 2006,
as long as it has those notes in it, it's a C major chord. there tons of voicings for C major. tune up your guitar and learn some theory, freakin' hippy! just kidding
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Quote by metal_man12
that would be a c maj. in jazz, theres no wrong way too make a chord, so long as you follow the root 3rd and 5th gutiar order. then of course you can substitute the root with flat 7ths and flat the 3rds and etc...

theres no wrong way to play a chord in any music. There's wrong ways to voice in context in stricter classical music theory.

And the latter part of what you said has got to be so over his head and is so poorly explained I would advise the threadstarter to ignore it.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!