Page 1 of 2
alot of avante gaurd metal has really abstract and progressive leads. im gonna say spastic ink, multi masking.
anything by Gorguts.....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
The solo from the Kreator song Riot Of Violence. That solo sorta sucks cause its like not in key.
Kreator - Flag of Hate. It's awesome, but it's kinda weird sounding...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Wintersun - Death and the Healing. That one with the dodgy bends/slides ****. Then another guitar comes in doing a similar thing. Works like a charm though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Meshuggah - New Millenium Cyanide Christ
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Wintersun - Death and the Healing. That one with the dodgy bends/slides ****. Then another guitar comes in doing a similar thing. Works like a charm though.

That has to be one of my favourite solos, well the whole thing really. Is it just me or does that particular part sound kinda..oriental?
Gorguts - Obscura

It sounds like something an evil clown would play on guitar.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Hate Eternal - Behold Judasssss

Not so much weird as horrible. Damn, I hate that solo.
Quote by AzureNight
Gorguts - Obscura

Odd, I've always thought the same thing.
Quote by flame843
Black Label Society - In This River

tooootally

that producer should have been shot, the mixing sounded so horrible.

i think a lot of nile solos are really ****ing out there, but never the less incredible.
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Anything by Mr. Azagthoth, really.

Agreed.

Also, anything by IA.
Alawys thought that thing that should not be sounded ugly but cool, and I guess weird.
This doesnt come under wierd but pretty ****ing cool

I just heard Fremented offal discharge...that whole song pretty much rules... Mohammed Suicmez is so awesome...
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
The Mysterious Murder Of Christian Tiera's Lover - Steve Vai
- Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty w/EMG 81 & EMG 85
- Ibanez S470 "Baby Blue"
- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- POD 2.0
- Vox AD30VT
i just heard Sacrifice unto sebek....that song rules...but the solo is wierd.
Booyah

Yeah, Sacrifice Unto Sebek is odd. It's a lot more interesting seeing Karl do it on the video, because he's just whoring out the whammy and sweeping the rest.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I remember the days i disliked death metal. And all of a sudden i'm starting to get into it step by step. I'll have to thank Opeth and Kalmah for that lol.
Booyah

Last edited by nonickname at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by AirGuitarist87
The Mysterious Murder Of Christian Tiera's Lover - Steve Vai

Wrong forum.
aside from gorguts, meshuggah deserve a mention. Crazy computer tapping....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by nonickname
I remember the days i disliked death metal. And all of a sudden i'm starting to get into it step by step. I'll have to thank Opeth and Kalmah for that lol.

Uuuuh.. Good for you?
Even though I LOVE the solo now, when I first heard "The Thing That Should Not Be"s solo, I was like "Whoa....that's some weird effect he has.....o_O".

But I eventually grew to love it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by AzureNight
Gorguts - Obscura

Listened to it.
Maid Ronald McDonald piss himself.
I agree with that part of the Death and Healing solo. Pretty sweet. Azagtoth(sp?) has some great, wierd soloes too.
Quote by glm
Wrong forum.

Have you never heard that song? It's fecking wierd! It's just Vai going nuts on his Whammy pedal. I would've said When I Was A Little Boy by Vai, it's on the same album, but it's not a guitar solo, just him talking sh*te.
- Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty w/EMG 81 & EMG 85
- Ibanez S470 "Baby Blue"
- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- POD 2.0
- Vox AD30VT
Nevermore's Bittersweet Feast.

woooEEEEwoooEEEEEEEEEwoooEEEEEEEEEEwoooEEEEwooWHEEEOOOEEEEEE
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I choose not to think of the "solo" in Behold Judas as a solo, rather as a fill kind of thing. Anyways, God of Emptiness has kind of a strange solo but thats Azagthoth for ya. Someone already said Sacrifice Unto Sebek also.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by AirGuitarist87
Have you never heard that song? It's fecking wierd! It's just Vai going nuts on his Whammy pedal. I would've said When I Was A Little Boy by Vai, it's on the same album, but it's not a guitar solo, just him talking sh*te.

But he's not metal. He's great, he's one of my personal dieties, but he's not metal.
Mayhem's Freezing Moon solo sends chills down my spine....superb one written to complement the music
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Quote by BR00TAL
That has to be one of my favourite solos, well the whole thing really. Is it just me or does that particular part sound kinda..oriental?

yeah i get what you're saying and i agree with you. but the solo, actually more like i love the whole song like no other
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Page 1 of 2