how to you write music like underoath, emery, any of those other hard screamo bands? what are some chords they use, little tricks, anything else. thanks!
dude, they aren't hard. they all have the same basic techniques (on their only chasing safety atleast) just get tabs and learn a bunch of there songs until you can grasp the songwriting they do i guess.
My rig:
Brian Moore i21 w/emg 81 and 85 installed
Peavey XXX Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet

Pedalboard:
Ernie Ball VP JR VP
Line6 DL4
Boss DD3
Boss TU2
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Phase 90
A ****load Of Octaves
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Quote by gdm09
how to you write music like underoath, emery, any of those other hard screamo bands? what are some chords they use, little tricks, anything else. thanks!

First of all, listen to some better bands. Pretty much any band in the Christian music spectrum isn't going to bring anything new or innovative to the table. Anyway...

Try learning some really technically accomplished bands like them, like, As I Lay Dieing (IMHO a good band).

A few techniques that bands like that use:

Pinch harmonics
Triplets
Vibrato
Triplets
Octaves

Read up on those techniques, and they should give you some skills that you need to play that style of music. Good luck.
Quote by lespaul_rentals
First of all, listen to some better bands. Pretty much any band in the Christian music spectrum isn't going to bring anything new or innovative to the table. Anyway...

Try learning some really technically accomplished bands like them, like, As I Lay Dieing (IMHO a good band).

Pinch harmonics
Triplets
Vibrato
Triplets
Octaves

Read up on those techniques, and they should give you some skills that you need to play that style of music. Good luck.

as i lay dying is a christian band

j
Quote by JBOX

Sure they are. That explains why their albums have Parental Advisory stickers on them, and I can't find them anywhere in Christian Music stores. Suuure they are.
Quote by JBOX

j

A lot of hardcore bands are christian.
No fucking images.

Ghey.
"It all started 2000 years ago!" then a lot of unintelligable screaming about jesus.

That's a song of a friend's hardcore band, MyChildren MyBride... sorry if you've heard of 'em. Nice guys, old friends of mine, but man... I can't stand their music.
I have an addiction...

Les Paul style DeArmond
Danelectro baritone
Rickenbacker 360/12
defretted Strat
lap steel
Yamaha CP-70
Yamaha P-90
Kay archtop
Kay Tenor Banjo
Oud
Sitar
Harmonium
Melodica
Cello

http://www.myspace.com/hi9
Quote by lespaul_rentals

Pinch harmonics
Triplets
Vibrato
Triplets
Octaves

what do you mean by triplets? what are they? (they must have been important enough for you to write them twice, lol)
I hate being a dick but if you like these bands (which I'm assuming you do) why don't you figure it out yourself, listen to their records and try to figure out what they're doing, trust me it's the best way to learn.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Quote by gdm09
what do you mean by triplets? what are they? (they must have been important enough for you to write them twice, lol)

Triplets are a kind of note rythym where you play three notes per beat. Look it up.

And yes, they are important.
Quote by deluxity
what's wrong with christian bands?

99.9% of them seem suicidal....
My girl, my girl, don't lie to me,
Tell me where did you sleep last night
Put this in EVERY song:

d---------------------------------------
a---------------------------------------
f---------------------------------------
c--0------------------------------------
g--0-----------8---7---8---10---8---7---
c--0-------0-0---0---0---0----0---0-----

and there's your basis for just about ever hardcore/metalcore song.
Quote by deluxity
what's wrong with christian bands?

They suck..

Just kidding. If you want to write "screamo songs" You have to write the song around the vocal harmonies (one guys singing and one guy screaming). Dont forget the two step break down either.

A quick explination on triplets-

Regular 4/4 timing-- one-and-two-and-3-and-4and
triplets (3/4 timing) one-trip-let-two-trip-let-3-trip-let-4-trip-let

If you do it fast, it gives you the gallop sound that alot of metal bands use.
Not Enough AssHatery