Good evening gentlemen.

I am in need of some professional advice. I need to be able to switch between a multi fx unit run through a PA system (a digitech gnx-4) and a string of stompboxes into a 5150 fx loop. i have a boss ls-2 line selector, and it works great as long as i am alternating between the multi-fx and the amps guitar input, but as soon as i put it into the amps fx loop it colors anything through the multi-fx with the 5150's preamp stage.

is the ls-2 simply a bad choice? can anyone recommend a simple switch pedal that i could plug directly into with the guitar and then have A go to the amp's front input and B into the multi fx?

thanks
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
why cant you run the ls-2 through the front input? if it works fine that way, why not do that? run the switcher before the amp, afer the guitar? or use an AB box. im not sure what the difference is between the two, but the AB seems more practical.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
i can run it through the front input but then my string of effects doesnt sound as good as they do through the fx loop.

i do want to use an a/b/y box but i need some reccomendations on which is the best and cheapest, and of course the least noisiest.
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
umm. proly a boss. they always make great pedals. do them make an AB? check Musicians Friend.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Best A/B/Y box in the world = Whirlwind A/B Selector. It has silent optical switches, and a 1 meg resistor so it's dead quiet.