I bought a PODxt Live yesterday tweaked settings for hours and couldn't get any good high gain sounds. They were all fuzz. I had been really excited about getting it but I was really let down by it. If I am spending almost $400, I want to use all the features and modeling was the biggest thing I wanted.

So today I went and returned the PODxt and decided to try out a Tonelab SE. It was a little more expensive, but I got it for $430 out the door brand new. That is $90 off plus tax. I have to say, withing minutes of hooking this thing up to my amp, I was amazed. It was a little more confusing than the POD at first, but it is just amazing. Models sound great through my amps preamp and straigt into the poweramp. Effects are great and having the 2 expression pedals is just another plus.

So now that I have finished my story, here comes the questions. My first question is:

How do I set the expression pedals so that one is a Wah pedal and the other is a volume? Currently I have the EXP 2 set to volume on most of my channels but I think that is by default.

My second question is: Is there any way to get a good tone recording? I have some great tones that sound amazing through my amp, but when I put it into my sound card, everything is just full of treble. It is bearable but I would like to have a nice tone to record with.

Thanks for reading all this and thanks in advance for any responses.
You will have to read the manual man or look for some user group online who have experience with that particualr unit. Each piece of equipment is different
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Be sure to use the switches correctly ; There is a switch that enables you to play on line output or Amp output. Select the good one when you record (line) ! Else you get poor sound.
Quote by rockers73
You will have to read the manual man or look for some user group online who have experience with that particualr unit. Each piece of equipment is different

I like how you've not read the title.

Sorry I can help you jmac. What soundcard and program do you have?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by StuC
I like how you've not read the title.

Sorry I can help you jmac. What soundcard and program do you have?

I think that I have some sort of Soundblaster card. I am not at home currently so I cannot check the exact model. I have either Ableton Live or Audacity to play around with. I also have the demo of one of the Sony Programs.

I am plugging into the Line In on my soundcard.

I think what actually happened is that when I set it up, I set it up in front of my tube stack. I got pretty perfect tones with it set up like that. Now that I am plugging it into the Soundcard, the Tubes in the pre and power amp are coloring the tone at all. I will probably just set up a few banks for strictly recording. I will just have to make tones from scratch.
Bah, I'm not sure about the trebly recordings mate. Check the recording forums
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Soundblaster ones? As in enternal ones? With only those littel 1/8mm inputs? They are ****. You need a better soundcard.
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
Quote by boba899
Soundblaster ones? As in enternal ones? With only those littel 1/8mm inputs? They are ****. You need a better soundcard.

Ya, it is internal with 1/8" inputs. It is not part of the motherboard though. It is a seperate soundcard. What kind of soundcard would you recommend? I can probably only spend like $100 at most.