ok, strat-style guitar. original fr. 4 bolt neck attachment. strings are well broken in. neck is bolted down as tight as i can get it. it's well adjuested.

when i press down, i get was sounds like popping from the neck joint, and the e-string snaps (not breaking). when i release, it does the same thing in reverse order. always the same thing every time. when i pull up on the bar (it's floating) i get the same kind of snap and popping.

does this happen to yours? I'm thinking now, that the noises i'm thinking is coming from the neck joint might be coming from the 2 pivot-bolts that holds the bridge.
make sure the string retainer is pushing all the strings down after the locking nut, so the strings are resting in the little "v"'s at the top of the locking nut. Also make sure the locking nut is fastened securely to the neck. If everything is good, start checking for burrs or snags on the nut and saddles.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
thanks. somehow, after intensive jerking and wanking... ON THE TREMOLO ARM YOU MORONS!!! the e-string snap cured itself. and i definitely felt my nut popping... THE NUT ON THE GUITAR'S NECK, MR. AND MRS. JACKASSES!!!
yeah, there should be 2 allen bolts or screws under the locking pads that secure it to the neck, make sure those are tight. Some old Ibanez I know have the bolts come from behind the neck to secure the nut.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids