which one is best for hardcore/screemo/post-hardcore/metalcore type music? which one looks best as well.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518325

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518291

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-G400-Electric-Guitar?sku=517232

with that said, keep in mind i also dont mind putting in some extra money later to buy pickup upgrades or somethin just to make it hit a little more. thanks.

j
i like the 1st one but if i was gonna do metal i wouldnt go for an epi because they have a classic bluesy tone, maybe an ibanez, bc rich, jackson, esp or ltd would be my first metal choices.
Quote by soul_power
i like the 1st one but if i was gonna do metal i wouldnt go for an epi because they have a classic bluesy tone

Thats what makes it unique. With all the metal going on these days, you HAVE to separate yourself or you'll never make it.
Definately the first....
Quote by BrainDamage
did you just refer to the lead singer of Green Day as an ewok?
why don't you try a schecter pt? it's a tele with hb's and coil tap, allowing a wide variety of sounds.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
I like the goth one, not because i'm a goth, but because i think satin guitars look really awesome (shiney guitars don't suit me at all, they look blingish and shiney). They probably all play about the same. If you want to play all that hardcore stuff get an ibanez or schekter, much better quality guitar for that kind of stuff, if you want to play a VARIETY of rock then get the epiphone.
Marty
what amp do you use? whats da budget? and im saying either the gothic just because of the aesthatics (sp?) or either the G-400 with just 2 humbuckers apparently on custom the middle pickup is muddy so yeh more money will be also spent for more pickups
well the custom is a good guitar but the middle pickup doesn't do anything to change the sound, it is a beautafull guitar though, Try the G-400, or a epi goth, also It would help if we knew what amp you use,
I like the second one..Not a big fan of three humbuckers
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Basically, all three of the guitars are the same aside from cosmetics.

The custom has the extra humbucker, which is comepltely useless because of the three-way switch on the guitar. 5-way would make it useful, but the three-way switch defeats the purpose.

The regular G-400 is fine. It's a good guitar, but may need a pickup change later on.

The Goth G-400 is the same as the G-400 with a "goth" finish. Kind of stupid looking IMO, but it's still probably decent.

There's also the Vintage G-400 to consider. It's a G-400 with a regular flat finish (not satin black), that's only $300. It would be my choice over the other three.

And, if you're looking to play stuff leaning more towards metal than emo, look at the G-400 with EMG's on MF. It would be a good choice as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what amp do you use? whats da budget? and im saying either the gothic just because of the aesthatics (sp?) or either the G-400 with just 2 humbuckers apparently on custom the middle pickup is muddy so yeh more money will be also spent for more pickups

for now im just useing a spider 2 210 amp that the church is suppling me with. i really only want to use about 400 or less because im leaving for college in about a few days so im gunna kinda need the money. so what you guys are saying is that the FIRST one is the best pick? how about a les paul? how do those fair? thanks.

j