i am planning on sticking a randall RH150G3 guitar head on a marshall angled cab. i play metal, mostly metallica like stuff but a lot more bluesy leads like form gnr and aerosmith.
thoughts anybody?

my budgit is no more than what tthis gear costs all together, which is like 800$ for all so if you suggest something make sure its in the budget
"good enough gear setup for what? MORE SPECIFICS."

for this metal-obsessed freak

personally I was never one for randall amps... what type of marshall cab are you looking at? A tube head would be good to look into if you like gnr and aerosmith... it works okay for the metallica stuff too a little bit =\
i was looking at a slanted 275$ marshall cab

if you think i should go with a tube head then can you give me an example within the price range of 425$ for the head?

oh yeah and when i say good enough, i mean will it sound good practicing and on stage, basically is it good enough for mostly everything except for very large gigs
why not get a used combo

u could get a really nice marshall for $800 easy

im gonna pm some good lookign ones, just because if i had the money i would buy em
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Last edited by Vandaliztik at Sep 6, 2006,
yes, a combo's a great idea. Way easier to use for gigs than setting up a full stack with a head and all that. Marshalls make great combos, and Randall makes some ok ones too.

But if you're THAT set on getting a head... ;-) look for a mesa boogie nomad 55. It's sweet. ONly problem is that they're out of production (i think), and you can probably find one used for cheap (300+).

how long have you been playing?