I'm looking to get a tube amp under $1000. The top three right now are the Crate VFX50 the Traynor Tube Combo $750 one (I forgot the name of it), and a B-52 Half Stack. Some of the bands I like are Black Sabbath, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Testament, Metallica, Metal Church, Joe Satriani, and Steve Vai.
go with either the b-52 or the traynor.
the b-52 is a really nice amp and i don't have any experiece with the traynor so i don't know how they sound but crate is usually not that great of an amp
Gear

82' Gibson Les Paul w/ EMG KFK
Schecter Limited Edition C-1 Artist
Fender Fat Strat
B-52 AT100 Head
B-52 AT100 Cab
Blackstar ht-distx
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
If you get a crate then get the blue voodoo. But from those choices I would say the B-52
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
I have the B-52 AT212 and I love it. But I haven't played any of those other amps you listed. And I also don't play any of the bands you listed.
I got my mesa boogie head on Ebay for $750, and everyone on this forum will suggest Mesa Boogie when anyone asks for gain.

Half stacks aren't necessary, a good 2x12 will eat a decent 412 alive. I tend to repeat myself a lot but for $1000, i got a $750 mesa head and i had a B-52 412 which was $350, and thats $1,100. Looking back on it, I shoulda bought a Carvin Vintage series 212.

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=212E&CID=GA
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
b52 ftw.

especially the AT series.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

Marshall JCM 900 used if possible.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?