So my firend is braggin cuz hes gettin a Crate GT1200H head and cab and says its sounds so much better than my Peacey 6505+ half stack with Boss GE-7 equalizer, NS-2 noise suppressor, and a TU-2 tuner ( not liek that matters)... and my drummer tends to agree.. Does that mean i am not getitn the best out of my Peavey and if so what cna i do to make it more of a solo'ish Dan Jacobs ( atreyu) or Synester Gates( duh..) sound.. cuz thats what i am goin for and ya... Or is his Crate truly a better head.... or is it gunna lose sound quality when its cranked/??? im really jeloaus here. LOL. thanks
Quote by thefaceeater
dude your peavey is like 2000 times better than any crate on the market

Damn right. How much did you pay for that thing?
yaa thats hwat i though. i'll crank it up when we are jammin next and i'll show em.. SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!! and i'll play more aorund wiht my settings till i find the right sound. cuz i know its thier. wiht all that into it its ogtta be there.
ya... i paid aorund 2500 or a lil under for the head and cab. this is in CDN. but wiht all the pedals. and i put EMG 81 and 85's in my Ibanez Destroyer.. which i wanna sell to get a LTD Eclipse 2 or a Deluxe.
someone farting into a microphone has better tone than a Crate GT1200H. That amp blows pretty hard.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
ya that amp is crap the 6505 is much better
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
try using a sonic maximizer or equing your amp a different way, 6505's make me angry because they seem to feel a bit boxed in and not very dynamic when they're not eq'd right, so maybe the "remove the blanket of the speakers" thing would work.
Marty
If you bought it used or something, you might wanna replace the tubes as well. Someone may have put some really crappy tubes in it during a replacement.

And, the peavey is a much darker amp than the crate. He's only saying that because his amp isn't as dark and he probably doesn't like darker tones. EQ it right and you'll piss all over his.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

i know evh used the peavey, but theoretically a lighter amp would be good for solo's if a darker amp was powering rythm right? and couldn't you eq a 6505 to be brighter?
Marty
Of course you could. Just boost the mids a bit, throw some treble and presence and roll back the bass. An EQ pedal would help as well.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

your amp is way better than his. 6505s and 5150s are the **** and im thinkin about pickin one up myself. but dont try to sound like atreyu or a7x. theyre horrible
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Single Solo 50 Recto Head
Fender Tele
Fender Strat
Fender Jazz Bass
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Marshall G10MKII 40 Watt Combo
Peavey Austin 400 210 Watt Combo
Crate BFX100 Bass Combo