Well I just got a used fender deville amp, a 2x12 60watt all tube amp, and i like it a lot. But sometimes ill be playing and the volume will get really low or really high...anywayz im going into the guitar center and seeing how i recently spent 1400$ there they send me this lil coupon thing for free strings, or cable, or whatever after a 15$ purchase...

So i think im gonna get some nice strings...and string my right hnaded SG for a lefty, and play it left handed for about a month and see how much i like it or if its working or not. That way if it does work out great...i guess thats wut i needed to do...if not it wll get my right hand much stronger and more calloused for whenever i start trying to learn how to tap...

But ive been playing about 9 months now right handed, and i thought id give it a shot...soo anyone done this before?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I am sure people have done it before, just beware that it is going to take awhile for you to get the coordinzation right. Don't give up though, it'll probably be easier once you get the hang of it. You should probably get a different guitar though,(especially one with an out put on the side, not the front, of the guitar, or just a cheap lefty.) I am right handed, and have more than one guitar, I always thought that it would be cool to string one left-handed. It's not like I would have to learn anything more than the actual coordination.
Good Luck with that.
I'm left handed and played guitar that way for a week....then I decided it would be easier in many ways to be right handed! And it wasn't really an issue at the time, it felt the same either way. And so I developed into a right handed guitarist!

Then again, when I play cricket I bowl left handed and bat right handed...but I play tennis left handed.....

And I can't write to save myself with my right hand, so don't go thinking I'm ambidexterous!

(Interesting albeit pointless story for you all there )
Quote by BrainDamage
did you just refer to the lead singer of Green Day as an ewok?
Lefthanded playing righthanded ftw - I always thought (and almost probably wrongly ) that having your strongest/best hand as a fretting hand would be better for things like sweeping and complexed fretting patterns anyway.
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
if you can somehow practice both left and right handed, like learn the same riffs and solo's, than that's going to make fore some interesting stage antics. plus it can only improve you overall, however itll probably slow down your progress.
Marty
Quote by Phreaky
I always thought (and almost probably wrongly ) that having your strongest/best hand as a fretting hand would be better for things like sweeping and complexed fretting patterns anyway.

With due respect, this argument is often used to justify a lefty playing righthanded. However, if it were true, then the converse should also be true i.e righties should play a lefthanded guitar. The fact is that the guitar is essentially a percussive and rhythmic instrument, and therefore your strongest hand should be used for rhythm.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687

So i think im gonna get some nice strings...and string my right hnaded SG for a lefty, and play it left handed for about a month and see how much i like it or if its working or not. That way if it does work out great...i guess thats wut i needed to do...if not it wll get my right hand much stronger and more calloused for whenever i start trying to learn how to tap...

But ive been playing about 9 months now right handed, and i thought id give it a shot...soo anyone done this before?

I tried years ago to play righthanded, but couldn't get on with - so much so that I gave up the idea of playing guitar. I finally decided to buy a lefthanded guitar, and things were immediately easier. Admittedly there isn't as much choice, and where there is, companies like Gibson surcharge for a lefty. They are not all like that thankfully - my first guitar - Patrick Eggle Berlin, was no extra charge.
However the shortage of lefty guitars shouldn't put you off, and despite what some say, most guitars can be successfully converted at very little cost (well if Hendrix can do it....).
In the case of your SG, you've got equal fret access, so that's a good start. You'll need to change the nut, and of course the intonation - the tuneomatic bridge is slanted, but there's probably enough individual saddle adjustment to get over that - I think you can actually turn some of the saddles around to give you a bit more adjustment.
One tip I would offer . The control knobs will now be at the top i.e. under you forearm, which can be a problem thru accidently turning them while you're playing.
What I did was to remove the knobs, place a rubber washing machine hose washer on each shaft , and then replace the knob tight onto the washer - this makes the knob reasonably stiff to turn, and prevents accidental turning.
With the selecter switch I just turn it thru 90 degrees, so it's now going forwards/backwards rather than up/down and therefore less likely to accidentally knock.
I'm left handed, but have been playing guitar right handed for over 8 years, so I doubt I would ever have the perseverence to change to play left handed after all this time. I think having my left hand as a more dominant hand helps, because generally your fret hand needs more speed/strength/control. I think. Although now I think about it, it doesn't really. Umm..yea.

So the answer is no, i've never done it, and I doubt I will, although I might play left handed just for a laugh to see what happens.
i think it depends on your status,if youre comfortable playing right handed,why bother reversing? its personal preference!!
Quote by Alijonroth
i think it depends on your status,if youre comfortable playing right handed,why bother reversing? its personal preference!!

because in the long run what if my best playing left handed was better then me playing right handed?

Anywayz id love to get a new guitar and stuff...but I just got this one a few weeks ago, haha. I could always return it for something diffrent....but i like it a lot...and as a lot of people said i might...and will most likely stay playing right handed, so i dont know...lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial