I've been out of commission playing guitar for the past 6 weeks or so due to bursitis / tendonitis in my right arm. I haven't really been able to even hold a pick for more than a couple of minutes before my hand would cramp up and basically paralyze my right hand. I've been dying to learn the new Slayer stuff, but just couldn't play because of the pain.

Over the past couple of days, the pain improved significantly. So tonight I tried breaking out the guitar and trying one of the new songs. Skeleton Christ seemed to be the easiest song to play. I pretty much had this song figured out in my head from listening to it for the past few weeks. Without having practiced in 6 weeks, I figured I'd ease back into guitar with this song - or at least a part of it. I had to play along with the song a couple of times to get the timing and **** figured out, then I threw down a really quick MIDI drum track.

I did up the drum track pretty rapidly in Sonar. My hand and wrist still hurts a bit, so I didn't want to aggravating it by clicking tiny areas on the drum timeline, so they're not really true to the originals, but the beats are there and more or less accurate. For a jamming track, it serves its purpose well.

And of course, what's a Crunchmeister clip without cheesy vocals, right? :P

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=865523&T=2203
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Not bad at all. Glad to see you're back in action, we've missed you around the R&R section.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
that was really good. you should learn the whole thing and record it. vocals sounded good too.
Sounds awesome man...Good to see a well motivated g-tar player around here still playing even with serious injuries...But at the same time the song choice was foolish for the injury you had/have....Don't know how yeh kept yeh hand from tensing up with the fast palm muting notes but awesome job once again...

Yesterday, I decided that the guitars in the original clip sounded a bit muddy, so I decided to retune my EMG-equipped Agile and rerecord the same clip. I used all the same amp settings and same mic positioning. The only difference was the guitar used for the recording. I also put a little more care into the levels than in th eoriginal mix, but used all the same EQ settings etc. The only difference is the guitar that was used

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=865919&T=5496

This isn't meant to show off one guitar over the other. This is a simple objective test to show how the 2 guitars stack up to each other tonally under the exact same conditions.

Quote by bmagik13
Sounds awesome man...Good to see a well motivated g-tar player around here still playing even with serious injuries...But at the same time the song choice was foolish for the injury you had/have....Don't know how yeh kept yeh hand from tensing up with the fast palm muting notes but awesome job once again...

No reason for my hand to tense up with this song. That's why I picked it. The verses are a fairly slow tempo. The timing is a bit screwy and took a bit of practice, but it wasn't hard to pla. And the fast part is just fast tremolo picking. Neither part was overly difficult to play or caused undue stress. Now the rest of that song will probably cause problems, so I won't be trying it anytime soon.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Sep 7, 2006,
Good song but I didn't really like the lack of mids. It wasnt the best tone in my opinion.
You have good voice but didn't stress or sustain some of the words that Tom does.
Really good though.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
fu ckin awesome dude, i like ur voice.
If you dont eat pigs, and i dont eat pigs, why not, not eat pigs together?