Page 1 of 2
but with one big problem.

For some reason the legendary Vinne Paul (Pantera) decided to team up with a bunch of nu metal(God forbid) wannabes. The two worst members of Mudvayne their guitarist and vocals and some untalented Nothingface guitarist and bass. I'm really confused as to why Vinnie is doing this side project, especially since they chose Mudvayne's guitarist over their bassist who is doing some professional jazz work to release his creative playing ability which is hampered by Mudvayne.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=20915

Anyways you think this is good to see Vinnie Paul back on the drums or is it just a bust?
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Last edited by BadBishop at Sep 6, 2006,
Interesting...I'll certainly be checking it out.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Man Vinnie Paul is a drummer, he has very little now. Very few can even compare to Dime, but he has to do something to occupy his time. Don't be mad, he'll eventually find his niche.
Quote by BadBishop
Is this the worst side project ever????

Short answer: no.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Come on guys, let Vinnie be. He was way closer to Dime than anyone. Hopefully he can move on with at least a quarter of inspiration that he had. I find it hard to imagine that I could. I have several brothers, and I don't think I could be near as strong, considering the circumstances.
It's a bust. Vinnie Paul SOLD OUT!!!! Why else would he be playing w/ these guys? Think about it... these guys suck ass.
Last edited by SonicMessiah at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by SonicMessiah
Vinnie Paul SOLD OUT!!!!

You ... umm.... DO realize he played in a hair metal band right? And that said band was called Pantera?

Quote by Magero
Yes and no... you have to look at the reality of the situation. Ask anyone if they consider pantera a hair metal band. Musically, they were the most brutal-sounding southern-fried metal creation that god could come up with. Who they WERE is not who we know them as. Do we want to remember 'Diamond' Darell, or 'Dimebag'? Do you know how many people don't even know about their glammy/hair metal past? Cowboys From Hell is and shall remain their first album as far as the masses are concerned. Pantera are legends in the eyes of the metal gods, and pantera were never even as famous as a good chunk of their competition. VP took an easy ticket and now plays with these guys. Sure, Dime would probably think it was cool, but he would probably shake his head like the rest of us and say to himself, 'What the ****, dude...'
Quote by SonicMessiah
Sure, Dime would probably think it was cool, but he would probably shake his head like the rest of us and say to himself, 'What the ****, dude...'

So... he would probably do something, then probably do the opposite?

The point being, you can't call VP a sell-out when the first incarnation of Pantera WAS a sell-out. Who gives a damn if anyone knows about it, it still happened.

Quote by Magero
As true as this is, they never actually 'sold out'. Had they, then some kind of real fame would have been attatched to them earlier than 'Cowboys From Hell', I would have to figure. But whatever... I just hope VP puts some REAL metal in those dude's veins... I still am going to check it out.
Quote by Davidian
Let the man play what he wants to play, Damageplan was metalcore to so you could have seen this coming.

nu-metal actually... jsut with solos and intelligent music. it wasnt as brutal as pantera but that was the point abd people are still too ignorant to see that- regardless damageplan was numetal not metalcore, just to clarifying
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Let him play what he wants to play, assholes.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Davidian
Let the man play what he wants to play, Damageplan was metalcore to so you could have seen this coming.

Yes, Damageplan were about as metalcore as an empty bottle of Jager smashed over your face.

I saw the VH1 presentation on Pantera tonight.. quite interesting, actually (in my opinion) it was a really good show. Although it focused on Dime and his death, it really made me realise/take another look at the contribution Dime and Pantera made in the 90s. The bastard got buried with the guitar Van Halen used on Van Halen II!

Vinnie said on the show that he would only get into another band if he were ready, and only if it was with a bunch of guys he liked (which is formula for a cohesive group).. I don't think it's a stupid idea, he choses what band he plays as, and to the threadstarter - he wouldnt give a **** what you thought about the band he joined. I'd still go see em' (over your ****ty band anyway)
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
Yes, Damageplan were about as metalcore as an empty bottle of Jager smashed over your face.

The singer self said(dont know his name) that damageplan was a "younger" type of music than pantera you goddamn african aids infester.

Go put a walmart bag over your head and die.
Quote by Davidian
The singer self said(dont know his name) that damageplan was a "younger" type of music than pantera you goddamn african aids infester.

Behemoth is a "younger" type of metal than Death. By your logic, Behemoth are metalcore.

Go for a walk or something, run it off, fag.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
Behemoth is a "younger" type of metal than Death. By your logic, Behemoth are metalcore.

Behemoth and death have nothing in commen you big ball of cancer.

So by your logic Britney spears is metalcore seeing as its a younger version of cannibal corpse.

Yup that makes allot of sense, please ask your father to rape you more as you did not learn your lesson the first time.
Quote by Davidian

sweet, now i have a definition for metalcore. anytime anyone asks what it is, i'll say it sounds like a young Pantera.
they werent metalcore, but what you said had no relevance to anything that was said before it. Damageplan were very nu-metally, so if Vinnie is selling out with this project, then Dime sold out with Damageplan.

i think its ****ing ridiculous that everytime anyone does something thats a step backwards in metalness they're branded as a sell-out. no-one has even heard the ****ing music yet. plus, in case you havent noticed, Pantera often toured with bands like MachineHead (who had that dodgy nu-metal phase) & Coal Chamber. not the most metal of bands; did it ever occur to anyone that Dime or Vinnie may have leant more towards the nu-metal end of the spectrum than the extreme end?

if the music comes out, and its clear that VP sold out, then you all can label him a sell-out; until that happens, shut your faces. facii.
Quote by Davidian
Behemoth and death have nothing in commen you big ball of cancer.

So by your logic Britney spears is metalcore seeing as its a younger version of cannibal corpse.

Yup that makes allot of sense, please ask your father rape you more you did not learn your lesson the first time.

"Big ball of cancer"? What are you seven? That's the worst call I think I've ever heard.

There's no logic of mine in there, I'm just turning what you said around to prove you completely wrong.

"Please ask your father rape you more"? Maybe in Holland mate, maybe in Holland.

What lesson have I got to learn, sorry?

Quote by God Book

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx

"Please ask your father rape you more"? Maybe in Holland mate, maybe in Holland.

What lesson have I got to learn, sorry?

You dont even know where holland is without looking it up you fucking idiot.

You know what thats your lesson, to shut the fuck up when you cant back something up.
Quote by Davidian
You dont even know where holland is without looking it up you fucking idiot.

You know what thats your lesson, to shut the fuck up when you cant back something up.

And I would need to know where Holland is why? Northern Europe fucktard... Doesn't take a genious to know that.

I don't need to back anything up... A 14 year old Slipknot fan could tell the difference between metalcore and nu-metal/groove better than you.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
And I would need to know where Holland is why? Northern Europe fucktard... Doesn't take a genious to know that.

I don't need to back anything up... A 14 year old Slipknot fan could tell the difference between metalcore and nu-metal/groove better than you.

Good for you being a 14 year old slipknot fan then. Because afterall you know the difference beter than me.
Quote by Davidian
Good for you being a 14 year old slipknot fan then. Because afterall you know the difference beter than me.

Ultimate comeback for you: "I know you are, but what am I?"

Now be careful, saidabove is a deep philosophical question.

Ha, **** it, you're not even worth the steam of my piss. You wouldn't know your dick from your elbow either.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx

Quote by twentyextysixx
A 14 year old Slipknot fan could tell the difference between metalcore and nu-metal/groove better than you.

You ignorant fuck
Hit the English textbook dude, cause you're a ****en retard.

I'm quite sure even Spynal would back me up on this.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx
Hit the English textbook dude, cause you're a ****en retard.

I'm quite sure even Spynal would back me up on this.

I am quite sure Spynal will back me up on the irony of that comment you fag molester.
Quote by Davidian
I am quite sure Spynal will back me up on the irony of that comment you fag molester.

No dude, no.

Quote by God Book

HA!
*climaxes*
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by twentyextysixx

Behemoth have been around since '91 or so, so a "younger" band? Hell no. Die.
^Death started out in 1984. So Behemoth are essentially younger. Just to be pedantic.

But I agree with the die part. Some people should just know when to Piss off to Starbucks and grab a cup of STFU.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Regardless of what genre Damageplan was, what it represents to VP is possibly the last thing he did with his brother.
Maybe he just wants a break from the Pantera/Damageplan type of music, maybe the guys he's now started a band with kept him going as he grieved over Dimebag...or maybe he's just doing whatever the hell he wants.
Personally I give him all credit for getting up after Dimebag's death and starting over with his music. I certainly wouldn't label him a sell-out.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
^Death started out in 1984. So Behemoth are essentially younger. Just to be pedantic.

And still, by that logic, anything other than the prehistoric cavemen beating stones together is mallcore because it's younger music.
There argument amuses me. They sound like they are in sixt or fifth grade. =/
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
And still, by that logic, anything other than the prehistoric cavemen beating stones together is mallcore because it's younger music.
come on, you and i both know that caveman metal is the most brutal music ever created. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity![/Metalocalypse Reference]
Last edited by Alucard II at Sep 6, 2006,
you ask if he sold out?...he does an advice column for Revolver
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Quote by BadBishop
but with one big problem.

For some reason the legendary Vinne Paul (Pantera) decided to team up with a bunch of nu metal(God forbid) wannabes. The two worst members of Mudvayne their guitarist and vocals and some untalented Nothingface guitarist and bass. I'm really confused as to why Vinnie is doing this side project, especially since they chose Mudvayne's guitarist over their bassist who is doing some professional jazz work to release his creative playing ability which is hampered by Mudvayne.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=20915

Anyways you think this is good to see Vinnie Paul back on the drums or is it just a bust?

Is this the worst side project ever????

So far the only untalented person he's with is the guitarist of Mudvayne... Chads got a good voice and I do like Nothingface. You're logic in why this is a bad project makes no sense. Die.

And is this the worst side project? No.

If he teamed up with Zack Vengence, some Fall Out Boy and Mark Hoppus and let Ross Robinson produce their music then THAT would be the worst side project...
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Page 1 of 2