Anyone with any experience on this? I've been contemplating a 6er for a while now, and my old Chemistry teacher wants to sell his (in near mint condtion) to me for £190. Thats only 45 more than my peavey was

So im wondering, is it a good deal? or is it not worth that much anyway?

Cheers

Alex
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
pardon my ignorance but how much is that in dollars?

BTBs are okay, I've played a 205 and a few others that were really bad...I think I've played a slightly higher end one though...Not sure if it was a 556 or a 406 or a 456, nevertheless it was awesome, great tone and action, bulky yet comfortable neck...All in all a great bass.

maybe you should ask your teacher to bring it to class one day.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
£190= $358

I was going to ask him to. It's just a bit bulky, so id rather buy it if i did him to bring it in (he rides a scooter and dont want him to fall over again and break it)
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
seriously?...wow thats an amazing price for a 6 string Ibanez.

dude, GET IT!!

I just looked around a few music websites and found that the bass I played at my local store was definitely a 556 but I've also played a 405, which should be just like a 406...with one less string. Anyways, it sounded really good, definitely an Ibanez bass if you know what I mean...

i'll say again thats a helluva deal IMO.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
pardon my ignorance but how much is that in dollars?

for pounds to dollars, a basic rule of thumb is dollars is a little less than twice as much as pounds

make sense?

but thats a great price for a sixer, id get it (if i were into 6 strings)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
for pounds to dollars, a basic rule of thumb is dollars is a little less than twice as much as pounds

make sense?

but thats a great price for a sixer, id get it (if i were into 6 strings)

yea I figured that once he gave the price in USD, didnt know before though...I also wasnt sure if the UK used Euros or whatever...I get it now though
I've heard alot of reviews that the low-end BTB's aren't that awesome. They are apparently heavy, really weak tone control, and the neck is really fat, hard to move around on. As always, just try it out before you buy it.
LOOK AT HOW RIDICULOUS AND UNBELIEVABLY ANNOYING LARGE SIGNATURES ARE. DON'T BE A JERK - MAKE YOUR SIGNATURE SHORT
- the_dasonator