Hey!

Does anyone know which effect-pedals Arctic Monkeys use? - I play Indie rock myself, and would like to know where I can find the right "indie-sound" like Arctic..
They use an Electro Harmonix tremelo pedal called the Pulsar on some tracks. I think mostly they plug straight into their amps though, Alex uses an Orange Rockerverb 50 or an Ac30 and the other guy uses a Hi-Watt combo.
When I've heard them they've had no effects, just straight into the amp. But Alex Turner has the thinnest, crappiest clean tone I've ever heard, his overdrive's ok.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^

I don't mind it to be honest. I like the crispness of it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
No you don't Sam.
Don't be afraid to care"

Lol.

To be honest I don't like his overdrive much, it's a really trebly - 'Strat bridge pickup' sound and only sounds good for chords to be honest. When he's playing single note riffs it sounds pretty rank. His clean is, I dunno, responsive.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
His overdrive is good for chords, his clean's good for raping your ears with badness.
Don't be afraid to care"

He always uses the bridge pickup of a Strat I think, with a lot of treble, so that might be the reason why his cleans "rape your ears with badness"
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
^

And it's him and his settings that make it sound bad clean, Oranges are good amps when clean.
Don't be afraid to care"

^ Amen to that, the Rocker 30 I tried had orgasmic cleans. Which is an ironic statement because I certainly wasn't clean after playing on it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
*Silence*

*Cough*

*Tumbleweed rolls....*
Don't be afraid to care"