Hey guys,
(im sure u read loads of these threads so im greatfull u have looked)

im getting a new amp soon but i havnt got alot to try in my area - i have played a pevey classic 50 and liked it but i want to play more agrressive styles - metallica for example and this amp although very good just wasnt doing metal , so

i did some resurch and found these 2 - the marshall DSL 401
- the Laney LC-30 II
- aswell as the pevey classic 30

so what do u people think would be better out of those 3 amps?

im also welcome to sugestions for overdrive pldals
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
I have no experience with the Laney, but the Marshall would be good for your styles.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Laney makes amazing amps, but the LC-30 really isn't for metal. If it was me, I'd go for the Laney. It can probably handle the older Metallica tones pretty well, but don't expect it to sound like a high gain beast.
The Marshall would be good for you, but there's more amps for that price that'll do metal, like Ashdowns and Peavey XXXs.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
cool , im based in the uk - so how much would a new AND used pevey XXX go for ?

just for comparisan

oh and can u use a atenuater with the marshall dsl combo ?
thanx guys, i tyred the DSL50 head and i liked that and it was only quiet so its gotta rock loud right lol

Dsl401 it is then - just gotta see what comes first the cash or xmas - eather way im getting it lmao
how much cash do you have? peavey are very dear for what they are here in the uk...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?