okay, our bass player wants to switch to guitar. our other guitarist can play both bass and guitar pretty well, so thats no big deal. but is there anyway we can convince our bassist to stay with bass?
PM me for
Ask the bassist and the guitarist if they'll consider switching instruments for some songs then order your set list to accomodate that? That way the bassist'll be playing guitar for some songs (which he/she likes) and bass for some songs (which I assume is what you want?)
Ask the bassist and the guitarist if they'll consider switching instruments for some songs then order your set list to accomodate that? QUOTE]

Seconded. We do that. I'm the bassist, but there are a few songs they let me do on guitar, just to mix it up.
Umm...surely if you want to be a serious band your members should be more than happy with their instruments? Instrument switching is fun and all, and can make live shows more interesting, but if your bassist really doesn't want to play bass then I'd recommend getting a new bassist.
Quote by opivy21
I hate feet. I don't even like the word toe. They're like mutated reject hands.

Quote by primusfan
Soak your testicles in battery acid. Works for some people.
^Seconded, tell him this

"Alright so let me guess, you feel like you aren't and won't be getting enough attention as the bassist and watch (guitarist's name here) and say to yourself 'I can play that better', well guess what? You probably can't and you chose to waste (insert cost of bass here)"
^haha, yeah, he has a fretless Fender Jazz. hell, id play bass if he let me play that haha.

but i dont even know why he wants to play guitar. he likes bass. this whole thing was just out of the blue
PM me for
i find that if a bassist and a drummer aren't really that into what they are playing or they feel like they aren't getting enough attention, then they aren't worth it most of the time, all they have to do is jam together if you really think about it,
Quote by DevilMayCare
Ask the bassist and the guitarist if they'll consider switching instruments for some songs then order your set list to accomodate that? That way the bassist'll be playing guitar for some songs (which he/she likes) and bass for some songs (which I assume is what you want?)

+1. That's brilliant, DevilMayCare!
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton